PDA

View Full Version : Hey you Everride guys.

HenryB
08-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I would like to purchase a couple of Warriors, but I'm really worried about the tunnel deck spitting out full length clippings. I ran the Toro SFS decks but while the cut was great the full size clippings required double and triple cutting. Is it the same with Everride's deck? Any new decks for everride?

T Total Lawncare
08-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Don't have a everride but I do have experience with tunnel decks. If your getting rain and you cut bi-weekly clippings will be a prob. Your probably gonna be advised to run double blades if you don't want it to be a issue. The benefit of the tunnel is that it will cut grass that will choke other decks down. If your trust trimming a couple of inches off a week I don't think the clippings will bother you.

HenryB
08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I was even thinking of fabricating a baffle across the front of the deck.

T Total Lawncare
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM

Thats what husqvarna did for that very reason. Thats what I own. It kinda negates the reason for buying a tunnel in the first place. But I'll take it out or put it in depending on what grass conditions are. It's just attached with bolts. If your key concern is clippings you might want to go with a mower with a conventional deck and baffling instead of going through the hassle of fabricating a baffle. On the other hand if you have a good dealer and service and are getting a good deal on the everride it might be worth it. One thing is definite though blowout is gonna be worse on the baffless decks so take a claritin before you mow.:laugh:

Envy Lawn Service
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM

So then what is the point?

Baffling would defeat the purpose of the tunnel...

And it would never perform as well as a normal baffled deck or a tunnel deck.

Understand that to an extent, tunnel decks are already sort of baffled.
What I mean is, they are always shallower in the back, and in the cases of decks that are fabricated rather than stamped, they are even more so 'sort of baffled'.

Underneath an everride deck, there exists a vertical 90 degree step in the deck. It's like maybe a 3" deep deck with a big deep tunnel on the front. This sort of acts as a baffle inside the cutting edge rather than out in front of it.... Just like those discharge kicker baffles that many mowers have right at the rear of the discharge opening.

So adding your own flow control baffle to a deck like this turns them into a clipping trap that takes a lot of power to run and requires freaquent cleaning out.

Envy Lawn Service
08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Thats what husqvarna did for that very reason. Thats what I own. It kinda negates the reason for buying a tunnel in the first place. But I'll take it out or put it in depending on what grass conditions are. It's just attached with bolts. If your key concern is clippings you might want to go with a mower with a conventional deck and baffling instead of going through the hassle of fabricating a baffle. On the other hand if you have a good dealer and service and are getting a good deal on the everride it might be worth it. One thing is definite though blowout is gonna be worse on the baffless decks so take a claritin before you mow.:laugh:

Looks like we were posting at the same time... you just finished faster... :clapping:

T Total Lawncare
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Looks like we were posting at the same time... you just finished faster... :clapping:

I wondered when you may chime in , your alot better at explaining these things than I am.:laugh:

HenryB
08-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I added a baffle on an SFS deck with good luck.

Envy Lawn Service
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I added a baffle on an SFS deck with good luck.

The Everflo tunnel deck is not and SFS deck though...

Do you not like the new Toro Turbo Force?

HenryB
08-20-2007, 10:56 PM

I like the Turbo Force deck a lot. I realize it differs from the SFS deck.The reason I'm considering the Everride is that the dealer is excellent, I also like the machine and the cut, just not the long clippings:cry:

T Total Lawncare
08-21-2007, 12:02 AM

You read my mind!

T Total Lawncare
08-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I like the Turbo Force deck a lot. I realize it differs from the SFS deck.The reason I'm considering the Everride is that the dealer is excellent, I also like the machine and the cut, just not the long clippings:cry:

Ask your dealer what he recomends for a remedy. Do they offer a double blade saddle for everride? Go from there.

jsaunders
08-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Just because you like the machine, it SEEMS it doesn't fit the bill 100%. You may have to keep demoing.

David Gretzmier
08-23-2007, 12:35 AM
I have an everide hornet, and I have to double and triple cut on factory blades. I am going to go with double gators or mix and match to cut up the clipings. even on weekly's I am at least double cutting.

aazpeters
08-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I have an Everride Warrior 60" and I have no complaints. The tunnel deck makes cutting tall grass very easy however if you are cutting when necessary, (not more than 1/3 of the blade of grass at a time) large clippings will not be an issue. It will throw huge clippings if you are cutting tall grass but I have not owned a mower that does not. The nice thing about this mower is unlike others it does not have a problem with tall grass. There are many other things that are great about this mower too. I could go on for an hour. Lets just say I came from an Exmark Laser and will not be returning. I did come across a baffle kit for the Everride at one point. If I happen to find it I will send you the link. The way I figure it is, better to have a choice and be able to install a baffle and remove it if necessary than be stuck with something you don't want. I would also ask to demo the mower. I am sure your dealer will be happy to let you have it for a couple of days.

T Total Lawncare
08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I would like to purchase a couple of Warriors, but I'm really worried about the tunnel deck spitting out full length clippings. I ran the Toro SFS decks but while the cut was great the full size clippings required double and triple cutting. Is it the same with Everride's deck? Any new decks for everride?

I see you found a solution to your question on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671
awesome mower. If you wanna mulch with it, double blades and the baffle kit from Jungle Jims is a must.

Have you tried the baffle kit? If so how do you like it?

aazpeters
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I have not used it but am thinking of purchasing it. I knew that I saw it somewhere I just was not sure of where. Now that I know I will probably try it.