PDA

View Full Version : The Maryland Rain Gods have spoken

smcunningham
08-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Almost all of my lawns have snapped back into growing action in the past week :cool2: and it looks like rain for the next week:cool2: in my neck of the woods in Md.
Hope everywhere else is starting to improve w/ growth rates increasing.:)
The real weird thing is I've had two customers requesting me to do a preliminary leaf cleanup...I'll take some pictures, its unbeleivable how many leaves are on the ground @ these two residences

mowingtowing
08-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Lucky you, the rain has been missing me by about 10 miles all summer here just south of DC. I too have had a customer call about a light leaf clean up...

ProStreetCamaro
08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Your lucky! Here in montgomery county we have had almost no rain. I dont call 15 minutes here and there real rain. The rain seems to do the montgomery county split. Rians just north and just south but not right here where we are.

SKAPES
08-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Its been raining all day. Its great! Like money falling from the sky.

topsites
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah, same here in Richmond, almost nothing since May, one shower lasted 2 hours, another 45 minutes, a few 15-20 or so, that's it...

But last thursday we got some R.A.I.N. omg, power was out for 5-6 hours and the lightning struck down 3 trees in my front yard, took 6 trailer loads to get the mess out of there, just got done with that.

Just now another solid hour or two, good stuff, I leave on an 8-day trip next Thursday so I got 30 lawns to cut between now and then.

Always like this, it is.

smcunningham
08-20-2007, 06:27 AM
There speaking again (loud and Clear):cool2: :cool2:

Matts lawn care
08-20-2007, 09:12 AM
We got a little here in Columbia MD on Sunday. I looked on the Weather Chanel and they said rain for 7 straight days!

TNT LawnCare Inc.
08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
TheErs a big system coming across ohio RIGHT NOW but it looks like P.A Will get all of it again, doesnt look like it will push donward to M.D and West V and V.A.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Your lucky! Here in montgomery county we have had almost no rain. I dont call 15 minutes here and there real rain. The rain seems to do the montgomery county split. Rians just north and just south but not right here where we are.

Yep the classic D.C. split Herford and cecil county have gotten pounded with rain:cry:

CrimsonLCS
08-20-2007, 10:49 AM
God I wish it would stop raining here in IL, for the last month it has been raining every single day. My yards are growing so fast that they really need to be cut twice a week, its crazy here. i wish it would stop raining for a couple of days for things can dry out :)

NewHorizon's Land
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
The rain here has been so spotty. It would rain on one side of town but not the other. Yesterday really helped and supposed to get rain the whole week. I have been predicting this since mid July. I knew this would happen the week right before I start college. Oh well. Without the rain there would not be money for college so its a good thing.

tjsquickcuts
08-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Just be happy and save a little for us in the south...

ProStreetCamaro
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
God I wish it would stop raining here in IL, for the last month it has been raining every single day. My yards are growing so fast that they really need to be cut twice a week, its crazy here. i wish it would stop raining for a couple of days for things can dry out :)

I will be on a plane to chicago thursday morning at 6!