PDA

View Full Version : Help with upgrade.

stevenf
08-19-2007, 01:35 PM
I know this isnt the first thread Ive made about it but I need a little more help. Im looking to get a trimmer, a backpack blower, and a stick edger for now and then upgrade my mower next year.
I want equipment that will get the job done. Im not interested in a 40+cc backpack blower and so on.....
Im looking for small commercial use equipment(Barely breaking the line between home and commercial use yet still getting the job done and lasting me a few seasons.
Now, My goal is about $600.00 for all three. At first I was thinking the echo srm-210 attachment trimmer with the edger attachment. Also thinking of the PB-260L prolite echo blower.
Anything else you guys could put together or thats pretty much the least expensive I will get?

TurfGuysInc.
08-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Why dont you get a commercial-grade trimmer and a bp blower, these 2 will add up close to$600. Later down the road you could purchase an edger, just my $.02

stevenf
08-26-2007, 11:49 PM
That does make sense.
However, my girlfriends step dad bought an echo pb610 for $430, kept it about a year, said it wasnt enough power so bought another $500.00 redmax. He gave the echo blower to me!
So now I can put all that money toward a trimmer and stick edger.
Would you recommend the srm-210 trimmer and stick edgers? I have an srm-210 trimmer now. Its not very powerful but its about 8years old and I think thats why..
What do you think? srm-210 or srm-230??? Or for the price of the srm-230 ($260.00) could I get a better trimmer?