PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT's Landscaper Products

kpyoung
09-10-2001, 11:15 AM
Is anyone using the SCOTT's Landscaper Products (fertilizers)? What is the difference between them and their regular fertilizer products?

fivestarlawnken
09-11-2001, 01:17 AM
Not real sure about the products,but usually it is all the same just diff.packaging and higher price.

Davis TLC
09-12-2001, 11:41 AM
I've used some of both Scott's products, both the Landscapers and the residential type products. The Landscaper products the same size granule size as most normal fertilizers, they work well in a rotary spreader, while the Scott's homeowner grades are fine granules, better suited for drop spreaders. Cost is a big difference too, the Landscaper brands were cheaper than the homeowner brands. As far as performance, I was never impressed with the "Turfbuilder" products, I do like the Landscaper products better.

thelandscaper27
02-09-2002, 10:55 PM
I use Scotts on all my lawns. I tried all the cheap ones. I've seen all the results. I say stick with scotts. Can't go wrong.

Tvov
02-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Davis TLC
. The Landscaper products the same size granule size as most normal fertilizers, they work well in a rotary spreader, while the Scott's homeowner grades are fine granules, better suited for drop spreaders.

This is an important difference. If you have a broadcast (rotary) spreader, use the granules. If you don't have a broadcast spreader, buy one. Once you use one, you will never go back to a drop spreader. And non-commercial broadcast spreaders can be inexpensive.