PDA

View Full Version : LawnBoy wont Start

andykc
08-19-2007, 06:28 PM
LawnBoy ( SilverPro - Model 10323 '03 model) wont start ! It was working fine then it was in a bit of some rain (perhaps just coincedence - wouldnt think a little rain would effect it that much) and now wont start. Replaced spark plug, made sure had good gas/oil mix, cleaned air filter....not sure the problem. Although when i do prime it - seems like nothing is happening. Not sure. Any suggestions would be wonderful !

Andy

IA_James
08-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Junk it. I got tired of screwing with mine and bought something else.

Scagguy
08-19-2007, 06:42 PM
After you replaced the spark plug, did you check to make sure there was a spark coming from it. If not, my money is on a rusty magneto pick up.

KingOfCupCar20
08-19-2007, 06:53 PM
i had the same problem a few weeks ago, i replaced the spark plug checked to see if there was still a spark (which there was) and it still wouldnt start, i remembered that the last time i used it that it was smoking pretty good just after i started it...leading me to think that it was a bad oil/fuel mixture, i mixed it myself and i know i did it right... so i just thought it was an old oil or something i dont know but i drained the fuel tank, got rid of the fuel i had been using....made a new mixture, put it in and it started right up...give it a shot, its a cheap test

lawnboy dan
08-19-2007, 06:58 PM
if no spark -could be the cd pack they fail often on these.

Focal Point Landscapes
08-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Primers do fail from time to time - try raising the rear of the mower while priming or pull the spark plug and spray a small shot of starting fluid then finger tighten the plug - if it starts , the primer or primer cover needs replaced.

andykc
08-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Not sure exactly the problem but I cleaned it thoroughly - and it worked. Sometimes just a cleanup can do the trick ( perhaps debris was clogging something) Thanks guys !

jeffex
08-20-2007, 07:24 AM
mine has a simular problem. it will start fine cold but won't start again until it cools down. I believe it to be the spark module but haven't checked it out yet as I only use it on 2 lawns. this will be the second time for this problem in 4 yrs but its still a great trim mower.

topsites
08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
don't leave them in the rain, my trimmer gets water all up in the coil and it will NOT start, my arm is so sore.