PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone.........

JDWalkbehind
08-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Well i just got my first truck. 1996 F250 long bed reg. cab. and i was wondering about a mod. chip for better mpg an for more horse power if anyone has tried it. and how has it worked for you? Already pretty sure i'm getting it after talking to my friend that owns a machanic shop. just wanted to get some other opinions about what others thought of it and how it worked for others.

thanks

nick

TXNSLighting
08-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Bully dog, is a great chip for the powerstrokes. best power for the money. Also sct. but im most familiar with bully dog. Also an air intake would really help.

JDWalkbehind
08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
well mine isn't powerstroke. but the air intake makes alot of sense. I hadn't even thought of that. that's a good idea thanks for the advice. Anyother opinion?

thanks nick

MarcSmith
08-20-2007, 01:01 PM
i'd do intake, and then exhaust. if you want better grunt, you could always do a gear swap....but you'd sacrifice MPG....

TXNSLighting
08-20-2007, 01:19 PM
O!! sorry! i guess i hear 250 and automaticly think powerstroke. i really dont know of any chips for older gas trucks. but definately intake. depending on the rear end you have now, changin could help fuel mileage. alot of those came with 4.10's, if you change them to 3.73's that will help alot. the key is air. smooth operation. probly a manifold. that would work. definately better exhaust. Im guessing its a 351?

JDWalkbehind
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Not sure at the moment but it's a 7.6 liter. Air filter for sure. tha manifold has a little leak i can tell it's not real noticeable no would could tell i only hear it alittle when i just craw foreward, but that year for some reason they don't use gasket's on the exhaust manifold. it doesn't bother me now but i will get better air filter. i found a chip on ebay called JET might look into it. thanks for the help i'll try to get some pictures of it. thanks for the help. by the way
Texan Lawn & Landscape love the way your truck looks. thanks for the help

nick

TXNSLighting
08-21-2007, 04:48 PM
You actually have a 7.5. a good ole 460. you will never see any kind of good mileage out of that one. but a great towin engine. yeh start tryin chips and such. you may be able to squeeze another mile or two per gallon out of it. dont be suprized if you dont get over 8-10 mpg highway. O and thanks, it will be for sale in december, If anyones interested...

deere615
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
K and N makes good air intakes My firend just got one for his truck. I have been thinking about getting one for mine!

JDWalkbehind
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
i was thinkin about that brand and my truck gets around 12 don't know how sine by dad's 351 get's the same i'm pretty happy with it have to replace a u-joint and a small ryst spot but i love it. thanks for the advice

TXNSLighting
08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
your very lucky!! Im still out on k&n's, there are many better ones, try AEM.

JDWalkbehind
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
i'll have to look. i'll try to get some pic's of it. thanks again