RedMax Man
08-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Might need the extra strength of a Dually...:weightlifter:

KrayzKajun
08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Very Nice!!

J&R Landscaping
08-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice powerful truck but I'd save myself at least $3500-$7000 and get one not all loaded up. For a personal truck, maybe but I'd just get an XL package for working. That truck is to nice to work with IMO.

TXNSLighting
08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
beautiful!!! Absolutely love the first two 450's!! Just great!!

BltFordTuf
08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
those are both nice trucks, i would go w/ the 450 dually myself tho..

-doug

LawnBoy89
08-20-2007, 12:12 AM
I NEED those rims on the first truck its so hard to find nice 8 lug rims you don't know by any chance where those rims came from do you?

Apluslawncare
08-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Man I would love to have either one of those. Wouldn't get the raised suspension like on the first tho. Still, really nice trucks, they beat the hell out of mine ;)

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 02:27 AM
:eek: :eek: what up with the front tire of the ferd dually with the 22.5?....looks like it may need an alignment!!

TXNSLighting
08-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Looks fine to me! just the front bumper looks like it been slightly hit.

JDWalkbehind
08-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Redmax man i agree with you completely. oh man that looks so cool.

South Florida Lawns
08-20-2007, 12:46 PM
The wheels on the dually are sick, but I think 24's would look even better.

TXNSLighting
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
gotta love some 24's!! ha! nah i like the 22.5's! they look sweet! and fit the truck perfect!

Kid With A Mower
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
The 450 dually would probably be better for you're business. You could put one of those bed mount trailers on it and not have to worry about a thing.:weightlifter: Is it just me or does anyone else think that the silver grill on the front of the new fords looks cheep?

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Looks fine to me! just the front bumper looks like it been slightly hit.

No....If you look at the treads you can see that its not wearing down the same.....it goes up and down...

RedMax Man
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
No....If you look at the treads you can see that its not wearing down the same.....it goes up and down...

Man how long do you stare at the pics? I can't really see if there is a problem or not.

I like them huge tires and rims on the two tone F-450.
Like somebody else said i wouldn't really get a truck as nice as these for everyday work, the nicest i'd get is the XLT trim. If i have a ton of loot to shoot then i would get one of these big rigs.

Capemay Eagle
08-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Man RedMax nice truck does it have the Disel?? that truck has gotta be pushing 50K..Both beautiful trucks guys..

RedMax Man
08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Man RedMax nice truck does it have the Disel?? that truck has gotta be pushing 50K..Both beautiful trucks guys..

They are all Diesels.

RedMax Man
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Checkout these bad boys...:cool:

RedMax Man
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
:gmctruck: :cool2: :weightlifter: :usflag:

cutedge
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
The new Ford diesels are absolute junk IMO, mine has been nothing but a headache since February, they do look nice and ride nice though

LawnBoy89
08-21-2007, 01:22 AM
The new Ford diesels are absolute junk IMO, mine has been nothing but a headache since February, they do look nice and ride nice though

That's what I would think because they completely redesigned the dieselmotor for the new style 08's I would wait until atleast 09 before I bought a Ford diesel, but then agian it doesn't really matter cuz I can't afford one anyways.

TXNSLighting
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM

thats what ya get for buying one of the first ones produced! Their actually not junk at all. You might of grabbed a messed up one. but their actually doin quite good. Not showin to be another 6.0...

TXNSLighting
08-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Checkout these bad boys...:cool:

Now theres a 450!!!

RedMax Man
08-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm not surprised that the new '08s aren't perfect, they always need some time to weed out the glitches.

FearThisDeere
08-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Wicked nice trucks. I want the kick plates on the first pic that say Super Duty.

Capemay Eagle
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM

Ford is putting a diesel in the f150 this year. Apparently it is a Land Rover built, proven diesel and predicted to get 31mpg..

Capemay Eagle
08-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Wicked nice trucks. I want the kick plates on the first pic that say Super Duty.

I like that too

Capemay Eagle
08-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I saw a truck similar to these a few weeks ago. It was a F-650 lifted with custom wheels. I have never seen a pickup this big in my life, on the road anyway.

cutedge
08-21-2007, 11:33 PM
I get about an average 9-10 mpg city/suburb driving plus all the problems that go along with it. Even the driver side window track. It just pisses me off after spending 58k and Ford voids the warranty because of a cold air intake. I'm gonna trade it in for a Duramax. How are the new GM's making out?

02DURAMAX
08-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I get about an average 9-10 mpg city/suburb driving plus all the problems that go along with it. Even the driver side window track. It just pisses me off after spending 58k and Ford voids the warranty because of a cold air intake. I'm gonna trade it in for a Duramax. How are the new GM's making out?

Check out www.DieselPlace.com you'll find good info on the LMM's..... all the ones that have one love them.....My dad will be getting a GMC 3500HD Diesel next moth so will see how it hold out doing Commercial RV transport...:weightlifter: :weightlifter:

Kid With A Mower
08-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Now this is a big truck. International CXT. :)

cutbetterthanyou
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Don't get the first truck it is a twin of my last truck exept the rims. You will regret ever pulling w/ it if you are towing any weigh at all. I just got the d max and the only thing i see w/ it is the ifs wears the tires out, because with a tralier it puts it out of alignment when towing

RedMax Man
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM

I saw a truck just like that, same color and model and a truck body place. the bed was made so it could dump also just like a dump truck. they don't come cheap.

POPO4995
08-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I will take one of the Chevys or GMC's :usflag:

TXNSLighting
08-22-2007, 03:55 PM

my gosh man...all manufactures do not like aftermarket intakes. thats why you take it off before you take it to the dealer. you brought that on yourself. dont blame ford for it. Duramaxs are just like the powerstrokes, just louder. same mileage. you put an intake on the duramax and take it in there with problems their going to do the same thing!

TXNSLighting
08-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Don't get the first truck it is a twin of my last truck exept the rims. You will regret ever pulling w/ it if you are towing any weigh at all. I just got the d max and the only thing i see w/ it is the ifs wears the tires out, because with a tralier it puts it out of alignment when towing

you had a 6.4 and say it wont tow? were you tryin to pull 45000 pounds or something?? ive towed with two different ones. amazing pulling abilities. 19 round bales felt like they werent even there.

02DURAMAX
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
my gosh man...all manufactures do not like aftermarket intakes. thats why you take it off before you take it to the dealer. you brought that on yourself. dont blame ford for it. Duramaxs are just like the powerstrokes, just louder. same mileage. you put an intake on the duramax and take it in there with problems their going to do the same thing!

Whats funny is that you say the about Chevy....I put an Intake and 4" Straight pipe on my truck when it had 5,000 miles and i took it to the dealer three times with the intake and Exhaust.....First they replace the fuel filter on the truck under warranty because they changed the filter #....Next they changed my U-Joints.....an the last one was for a Neutral Sensor Switch. all unde the 36,000 mile warranty

They never gave me any BS about what i had on the truck....They actual asked me what else i plan on puting on the truck and said they liked it..:cool2:

So unles you have owned a D-Max (Which I DOUBT)...don't say anything you dont know:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

scag36
08-22-2007, 10:05 PM
ford sucks period lets leave it at that

LindblomRJ
08-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Comments like that are not needed. Someone else would say chevrolet sucks or dodge sucks.

yada, yada, yada.

Everyone has a preference. Its an argument that cannot be proven or won.

cutbetterthanyou
08-22-2007, 10:14 PM
you had a 6.4 and say it wont tow? were you tryin to pull 45000 pounds or something?? ive towed with two different ones. amazing pulling abilities. 19 round bales felt like they werent even there.

I had a 7.3 p stroke it looked just like the first truck shown on here (black, 4 door, 6 inch lift, 35s,etc) and it would tow fine, plenty of power, just at 80,000 miles everything started tearing up. Most likely do to the lift, big tires, and starting and stoping all day long. Last spring i spent over 5 grand on a truck w/ 80k on it (trans,converter,rear,4 calipers,4 rotars,and 2 new front hubs) All i really meant was don't buy that first truck to work out of, not fords, but any lifted truck. Sorry for being unclear i was still 1/2 :sleeping: when i typed it.

zim bob the landscaper
08-22-2007, 11:54 PM

seen one up close about a week ago they are awesome!!! the one i saw had just got all custom lighting, dual air train horns, dump hoist and tons of other custom stuff. the truck stock costs like 100k:dizzy: :dizzy:

TXNSLighting
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Whats funny is that you say the about Chevy....I put an Intake and 4" Straight pipe on my truck when it had 5,000 miles and i took it to the dealer three times with the intake and Exhaust.....First they replace the fuel filter on the truck under warranty because they changed the filter #....Next they changed my U-Joints.....an the last one was for a Neutral Sensor Switch. all unde the 36,000 mile warranty

They never gave me any BS about what i had on the truck....They actual asked me what else i plan on puting on the truck and said they liked it..:cool2:

So unles you have owned a D-Max (Which I DOUBT)...don't say anything you dont know:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

yeh, and none of that is serious. duh!! i mean engine failure, a turbo failure, a failed injector, oil leak, ya know that stuff:hammerhead: that stuff, they can look at that intake and say yep, that let to much crap and debree thru, bam warranty void. so! you dont say anything about crap you dont know!!

Capemay Eagle
08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
yeh, and none of that is serious. duh!! i mean engine failure, a turbo failure, a failed injector, oil leak, ya know that stuff:hammerhead: that stuff, they can look at that intake and say yep, that let to much crap and debree thru, bam warranty void. so! you dont say anything about crap you dont know!! I think what this all boils down to is what the part is and what the part guarantees. Some aftermarket parts say "will not void warranty" and others don't. I think it is also in the discretion of the mechanic and the service manager whether or not they or cool or ****s. I am sure going in with a blow Diesel engine that could cost any dealer, automaker or service manager out of pocket money, in excess of 10k to repair, that they would look for any excuse not to pay. It is probably best to read well over any warranty or extended warranty plan to see what they "are and are not" liable for, especially when leasing. Some automakers now are charging at the end of the lease for regular worn parts such as tires, brakes, belts and dents If you do not have additional ware-care protection. So be careful, and read that paper work!!!

02DURAMAX
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
yeh, and none of that is serious. duh!! i mean engine failure, a turbo failure, a failed injector, oil leak, ya know that stuff:hammerhead: that stuff, they can look at that intake and say yep, that let to much crap and debree thru, bam warranty void. so! you dont say anything about crap you dont know!!

I thinks someone wants a duramax and can't get one.....:rolleyes: :laugh:

TXNSLighting
08-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I thinks someone wants a duramax and can't get one.....:rolleyes: :laugh:

yeh thats got to be it!!:nono: :dizzy:

TXNSLighting
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I think what this all boils down to is what the part is and what the part guarantees. Some aftermarket parts say "will not void warranty" and others don't. I think it is also in the discretion of the mechanic and the service manager whether or not they or cool or ****s. I am sure going in with a blow Diesel engine that could cost any dealer, automaker or service manager out of pocket money, in excess of 10k to repair, that they would look for any excuse not to pay. It is probably best to read well over any warranty or extended warranty plan to see what they "are and are not" liable for, especially when leasing. Some automakers now are charging at the end of the lease for regular worn parts such as tires, brakes, belts and dents If you do not have additional ware-care protection. So be careful, and read that paper work!!!

exactly!!!

ojpent
08-25-2007, 08:54 PM

I'll take a ford truck anyday over a Dodge or a Chevy... Dodge maybe a tough truck if you feel like replacing trannies every 20,000 miles, and you gotta love chevy terrible front CV design and not to mention the engine problems they have with both the intake and exhaust manifolds warping and fooling out the engine!!!!

RedMax Man
08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll take a ford truck anyday over a Dodge or a Chevy... Dodge maybe a tough truck if you feel like replacing trannies every 20,000 miles, and you gotta love chevy terrible front CV design and not to mention the engine problems they have with both the intake and exhaust manifolds warping and fooling out the engine!!!!

Wow a ford guy, I thought they were extinct.:) What truck model and engine do you drive?

RedMax Man
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Here are some more pics of that F-450.

mike lane lawn care
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
there is a really nice NEW F-450 diesel around town. it's black, lifted, and has huge stacks in the bed. it makes my 1500 look like an R/C car.

RedMax Man
08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
When BIG isn't BIG enough get one of these...:eek: :cool2: :weightlifter:

2008 - C4500 with Duramax Diesel and Allison tranny / F-650 with CAT Diesel and Allison tranny.

TXNSLighting
08-26-2007, 12:00 AM
That duramax is a nice engine, but i still hate the chevys for sure. especially the new ones. im still waitin for chevy to put out a decent looking truck. Thats a nice lookin 4500 ad 650!!

02DURAMAX
08-26-2007, 05:09 AM
i like the GMC Better that the chevy now,,

RedMax Man
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you guys talking about the Chevy and GMC pickups up to 1 ton or the 4500 and 5500? I like the GMC front end better than the chevy on the pickups but i've seen a few Chevy 2500s with aftermarket mods that look a bit better.

02DURAMAX
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Are you guys talking about the Chevy and GMC pickups up to 1 ton or the 4500 and 5500? I like the GMC front end better than the chevy on the pickups but i've seen a few Chevy 2500s with aftermarket mods that look a bit better.

Pickups...

TXNSLighting
08-27-2007, 10:22 AM
yeh the 45 and up look great. i cant stand the new chevys. the front ends are horrible, and those fenders are just yeh, and im not the only one on this. the gmc front end looks great, and it even takes away from the fenders, but their still their. if chevy wouldve made it look like the tahoe it would be a great looking truck. and i would be intersted in the gmc.

scag36
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
i agree i drive a 2001 chevy 2500 6.0l and i would take the 2500 gmc over that anyday im in love with that truck