View Full Version : what is this?

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
i need to know what this is. i need a new one this is on our ford.

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
and another...

08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
need some more info.
where abouts is it on the truck? what's it connected to, where is it going?

mike lane lawn care
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
almost looks like a stainless steel brake line

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
its connected to the fuel line its right under the drivers door bolted on the inside of the frame.

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
almost looks like a stainless steel brake line

LOL not the brake line the thing right behind it. already replaced the brake line

08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
i am almost positive it is the fuel filter, on the fords they run along the inner drivers frame rail. They way it looks you might wanna replace it quick. LOL

grandview (2006)
08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Is this it?


08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
might just be the cover over the fuel filter that you're seeing. but that would be the right place for a fuel filter though. all 4 of my ford trucks over the years had it right there.

Gravel Rat
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Its the fuel filter if the truck is fuel injected depending on the year its the fuel pump too. Its been awhile since I have delt with gasser trucks but from the way that looks change the filter.

A clogged fuel filter kills your fuel pump which maybe already done too.

I can see you live in the rust belt :laugh:

zim bob the landscaper
08-20-2007, 11:07 PM
we just replaced the fuel filter today, its like 12" back from the fuel filter unless there are 2 diffrent filters. also there is a black wire and a white wire going into it. there is a fuel pump thats in the gas tank and thats working but we arnt getting any gas to the filter we replaced, so theres something wrong between those 2 points and this part looks like it could be the problem

08-21-2007, 12:41 AM
They way it looks you might wanna replace it quick. LOL

Along with the rest of the truck!

You poor yankees have it rough with that corrosion.

Guzman Properties
08-21-2007, 01:02 AM
We call that RUST, also known as corrosion, metal cancer......

I think it looks like another fuel filter with the plastic connections.

Gravel Rat
08-21-2007, 01:12 AM
It is worse when you live in a area where lots of road salt is used it rusts bolts down to tooth picks.

On the West Coast we have rust but not as bad as you east coasters where you have salt air rust and road salt rust. Now the roads in the winter time are de-iced with liquid salt or we call it liquid car ruster. Its sticky and clings to your vehical. Its hard to get washed off.

08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
yep appears to be fuel filter or another pump. they look kinda like electrical connections the more i look at it.

zim bob the landscaper
08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
those are fuel lines going into and out of it. there are 2 wires coming out of it on the right side of pic#2 you can see the black wireright above it like 1/4" up from the fuel line.

08-21-2007, 10:47 AM
That is a frame rail pump, which is another fuel pump located on the drivers frame rail

zim bob the landscaper
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
ok and thats needed with the other pump to? or will the intake pump work by iself?

08-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Does this ford have two gas tanks or just one.

08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
That is a frame rail pump, which is another fuel pump located on the drivers frame rail

Ditto. Most older Fords had2 pump, one in the tank and one on the frame rail under the drivers door.

08-30-2007, 03:53 PM
what you're looking at is the high pressure fuel pump. On that year of fords they had a low pressure pump in each tank that feeds the high pressure pump on the frame rail under the driver's door. The high pressure pump then feeds the injector rails on the engine. Any aftermarker parts supplier should be able to sell you one. You might need special tools to remove the fuel lines also..... good luck!!!:canadaflag:

08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
if it has dual tanks it probably has a switching valve before that fuel pump. It could be stopped up. Had one do that one time. And that thing pictured is a high pressure pump to feed the injectors. The low pressure in the tank pushes fuel to the high pressure pump. If you have a switching valve check for fuel in front of and behind the valve and should see where the fuel stops.. But yea that is the high pressure fuel pump..


08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
looks like a small brake line...thats kinda what they have on my chevy that i am replacin this weekend...i just went to nappa and bought them...mine runs a long the fram rail and its not the fuel filter line...but that is also the same size...id go with one of those

KTO Enterprises
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Thats the fuel oump. You need a special tool to release the clips in the line to replace the pump. The line is not clamped onto or screwed into the pump, it needs a special tool that goes into the line to ump connection and releases the lock that holds the line on.

This is a tool made by Assenmacher Specialty Tools (AST) My father has been using them for specialty release and removal tools for years.


09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
fuel filter!

zim bob the landscaper
09-02-2007, 12:49 AM
thanks guys it was a inline fuel pump