View Full Version : JD problem

08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I just bought a 2007 John Deere 727A about a month ago. Today I was cutting grass and all of a sudden the blades just quit. So I pushed the PTO knob down(disengage) and then I pulled it up to engage the blades and it just sounded like it was going to start but it didn't. Kind of hard to explain. I only have 7 hours on the mower. I called the dealer and he said he thought it sounded like the clutch (PTO clutch I guess). Have any of you JD owners ever experienced this problem before? I would think it would be covered under warranty correct? The dealer said that the factory may not have put the clutch on right or something. Anybody have any ideas?

08-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Nevermind I am so dumb. The dealer called me and told me to meet him half way and he would take it to the shop and get them to see what was wrong. So, I met him and he looked at it and the belt tension spring had broke. He temporarily fixed it until he could get a new spring and run it to me today. I was so embarassed. I was so frustrated with it I guess that I overlooked that.

08-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Good to hear your dealer work with you like that. Where did you get the deere(Dealer)

08-22-2007, 10:37 AM
east coast equipment in scotland neck.