PDA

View Full Version : Rain is here

RICHIE K
08-21-2007, 07:13 AM
So glad that is finialy raining here in jersey, lawn were really getting brown. We skipped 13 lawns last week

rodfather
08-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Skipped? :confused: We had to double cut I bet 20 or more last week with all this rain.

RICHIE K
08-21-2007, 08:12 AM
In this area we just got some rain

mmacsek
08-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Skipped? :confused: We had to double cut I bet 20 or more last week with all this rain.

Amazing what a few miles makes. We skipped about 3/4 of our lawns last week because they are brown. The leaves are starting to fall. The rain is a godsend and hopefully will green things up. We had a little rain the last 2 weeks but nothing to speak of. Matt

BMLS
08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
We haven't skipped any lawns here in Somerset County. I was in Mercer county last week and noticed the lawns were browner as you went south.
Now with all this rain we have to put up with the crabgrass.

rodfather
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Amazing what a few miles makes. We skipped about 3/4 of our lawns last week because they are brown. The leaves are starting to fall. The rain is a godsend and hopefully will green things up. We had a little rain the last 2 weeks but nothing to speak of. Matt

shouldn't have moved Matt :nono: hope you're well :waving:

mmacsek
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
When we had the drought 2 years ago I got slapped pretty hard because 90% of our billables was grass cutting. We have less grass cutting accounts and do more landscape maint. With that being said mowing is still our bread and butter but the droughts/dryness don't hurt as much. Good to hear from you Rod. Matt