PDA

View Full Version : new exmark sit for 2 years

mason dude
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
my local exmark dealer has a new exmark with .4 hours on it and a full warranty that he has had in full sun for 2 years, the paint is faded and the seat has yellowed but he is looking to move it at considerable discount, any body have any thoughts on what to look for in a machine that has been out in the weather this long?? it is the 27 kaw liquid cooled lazer z 60, I have been told to relube everything to push any water out of greaseable areas but I am most concerned about electrical items and also oil seals that may have dried out, any thoughts??????????????
Thanks

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I would sure hope that your dealer does a full relube and checks over the whole machine before he sells it.....especially if it has the full warranty

fergman
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: an ULTRACUT DECK !!!!!!!!!! send it to ME PLEEEEEEEASE !!!!:cool2: :waving: get it bud its a mower you cant hardly find brand new now. for my dealer to get me one it took him 2 and a half weeks but he found it in another state and brought it to me. unless you can find another one similar to it then one day ull probably regret not getting it.

Richard Martin
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about the seals and electronics too much. I would drain the fuel system completely and flush it with dry gas. You should also change the anti-freeze and engine oil. I would also shorten the hydro oil cycle to about 25 hours on the first change.

rodfather
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
why in the hell would he just leave it outside unprotected from the elements for 2 years??? :confused:

fergman
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
why in the hell would he just leave it outside unprotected from the elements for 2 years??? :confused:

just because somebody has enough money to be a dealr doesnt mean they arent going to be a stupid sorry ******ed foolish feeble minded idiot of a dealer i guess:laugh:

RedMax Man
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
What's he asking for it?

dave k
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Its like a house, if you don't live in it, it begins to die, if he puts a full warranty on it and the price is right, go for it!

supercuts
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
if it was the mower i wanted i wouldnt worry at all. .4 hrs is most likely from moving it in and out daily. my mowers get wet alot, as do most. if its a big price discount id jump at it, it comes with its warrentee

KTO Enterprises
08-21-2007, 07:52 PM
My mowers sit on the trailer in the elements 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Biggest problem will be the seat will probably crack prematurely

topsites
08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
In one word: Cobwebs

mason dude
08-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for all the replies, especially Richard Martin, what is dry gas? I didnt even think about the fuel system gumming up , good point and also the hydro issue,and the antifreeze,,, I am back and forth on this one, 2 grand off the price if I do this, the one thing is the resale, the paint is so bad now that 2 years from now the thing will be pink lol, thanks again folks!

jdogg399
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
how much does he want for it and did you buy it

lawnman_scott
08-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Thanks for all the replies, especially Richard Martin, what is dry gas? I didnt even think about the fuel system gumming up , good point and also the hydro issue,and the antifreeze,,, I am back and forth on this one, 2 grand off the price if I do this, the one thing is the resale, the paint is so bad now that 2 years from now the thing will be pink lol, thanks again folks!All things considered, if looking to buy a used mower how much of a factor is paint? With a full warranty, I would say its a no brainer.

Potchkins
08-22-2007, 04:25 AM
how much is he asking?

Richard Martin
08-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the replies, especially Richard Martin, what is dry gas? I didnt even think about the fuel system gumming up , good point and also the hydro issue,and the antifreeze,,,

Dry gas is an alcohol based additive that basically attracts water to it's self. It mixes easily with water and causes the mixture to be burned. Remember that alcohol has a much higher octane than gas and can be water down to a degree. It's available everywhere. My presumption is that you will remove the plug from the carb bowl to drain the old gas out. When all of the gas is gone just pour the dry gas into the fuel tank and turn the starter over until the dry gas starts coming out of the carb. It will be clear and feel cold when it touches your skin. At that point just put the plug back in the carb bowl and fill the fuel tanks. You should be ready to go.

lazer 46
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Two grand off the price doesn't really mean a lot when you consider that Exmark has a full list price, a promo price, and ofcourse the price the dealer will sell it for.

Sammy
08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I have noticed that the cheap paint on those eXmark's fade after a couple of years.

None of you tarp your equipment ????

causalitist
08-22-2007, 02:58 PM
geez .. not being started for 2 years is really bad. might have rust in the cylinder unless he put oil in the plug hole and left it at TDC 2 years ago.

as far as everything else .. i wouldnt worry about it at all.. faded paint? pssh.

mason dude
08-22-2007, 03:57 PM
wow, Im still on the fence here, a lot of good points have been made here, thanks everybody, but those points are adding up to a lot of concern, as far as what he is asking, he didnt give me a cash price, I had my hustler super z in for warranty work 3rd time in 5 weeks, and out of frustration I ask would he take the hustler in on trade for the exmark, my super has 350 hrs on it and we just talked about maybe my machine and 2 g's for the exmark, I didnt commit because of the concerns listed here about the machine being left out so long, now after hereing from you guys I have more,even though different concerns, geez my head hurts, thanks again folks

MikeLT1Z28
08-22-2007, 09:43 PM
your machine and 2g's for the lazer that sat out in the sun and elements for 2 years? did i read that right? ask if he will throw in some vaseline/ky/whatever your choice would be.

jpp
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't do it for what he is asking for. You said you have had it in for WARRANTY WORK. Just be glad it is under warranty. How long have you had the mower? Guess what that is FREE. Way to many unknowns with that exmark. Yes, I know you said full warranty with the exmark but it still is not worth it.