PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Add-Ons (Best Ideas)

Scott_Abel
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought it might be neat to hear about some of the add-ons everyone uses or has seen on ZTR mowers. I don't mean baggers, mulching kits, etc.

I have heard of people using the Tiny Tach or rigging up an A/C adapter to charge a phone or hooking up a little fan to keep the operator cool.

What else have you guys seen? Share pictures if you have them.

stuffdeer
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
I used to have a spedometer on my mower. I took it off when I got my new one and never put it on the new one.

Lbilawncare
08-22-2007, 01:10 AM
My Dixie Chopper 74" X-Caliber came with a stock 12 volt charger and tiny tach as well as suspension front forks. The only thing I added was an ez reacher.

smcunningham
08-22-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm gonna build a pa system into my ztr tired of yelling at my trim guys

T Total Lawncare
08-22-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm gonna build a pa system into my ztr tired of yelling at my trim guys

Thats a good idea, sure they will appreciate that. "HEY YOU GET BACK TO WORK!!":laugh:

DOLMARatOS
08-22-2007, 02:20 AM
We've seen it all.

Power Port is a darn good idea.
1500 lb electric atv winch
2" receivers welded on front and rear to develop quick-mount accessories such as sprayers, tool-racks, seats (Yup, guy sits out fron with a line-trimmer going along buildings on a huge property.)

Wide open mowing it's nice to have a sun-shade. You can power one of those portable coolers with the power port for the keeping of your lunch cold / warm.

Z-mounts for walk behind leaf blowers are truly cool for fall clean-up.

Litter-grabbers and debris bags are great.

Have seen a ZTR with an ATV chainsaw scabbord / holder on a homeowner's unit.

swingset
08-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Mine is a somewhat screwball accessory, I have 2 ATV-style rifle mounts on my ROPS, I take the Bushmaster AR and stick it on there when I'm mowing the borders of my property. We have groundhog and occasionally coyote that are for whatever reason not timid about running around in front of the mower.

I get some strange looks when I get near the road. County sherriff stopped and asked me if the rifle was real one time when I was stopped near the road. I said "Yup", he said "Ok, just wondered. Be safe!" and went on his way. hehe.

TX Mudder
08-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Mine is a somewhat screwball accessory, I have 2 ATV-style rifle mounts on my ROPS, I take the Bushmaster AR and stick it on there when I'm mowing the borders of my property. We have groundhog and occasionally coyote that are for whatever reason not timid about running around in front of the mower.

I hope you have an ammo can full of XM193 mounted on there too, or else that AR is gonna be useless. :usflag:

Stillwater
08-22-2007, 03:45 AM
I have twin mounted Browning 50 Cals on a pedestal with 360 rotation, The baggers are my ammo cans.

swingset
08-22-2007, 03:54 AM
I hope you have an ammo can full of XM193 mounted on there too, or else that AR is gonna be useless. :usflag:

Got plenty of XM193, but on critters it's Hornady Vmax. Of course, with the way I shoot, it's good to have something with high-capacity. :laugh:

jeffex
08-22-2007, 07:50 AM
the new toro groundmaster 7200 in TURF magazine looks like a pretty good add on to a ztr mower. ONe machine for all seasons is the way to go however I bet the price tag would allow you to buy 2pieces of equipment. they just need to add a air conditioned cab for the summer months.

acm8705
08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone mounted a small tank with sprayer to their ZTR
12 volt spot sprayer (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=134204&R=134204&cm_ven=TL&cm_pla=DF&cm_ite=grounds)

I think that somehow fabbing a bracket to mount on of these tanks either out in front of the deck or behind the seat would be very useful. Then fill it with round-up. As you mow and see some weeds in the concrete or flower beds you can hit them on the spot. It would save alot of time I think, because you wouldn't have to walk the property with a backpack sprayer.