PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailer Bed Protection Question

cddva
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Just bought a new Bri-Mar dump trailer (my first). Will use it to haul my rubber track loader as well as plan to haul dirt, gravel, mulch, brush, etc. Wondering what your opinions are on whether it's worth putting a spray-on liner or other means of protection in the bed or just put it to work as is? Thanks.

Grn Mtn
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
no, spray on will reduce your ability to have product slide off when dumping and add considerable weight

gammon landscaping
08-22-2007, 02:10 AM
why in the world would you want a product that will make it harder to dump stuff??? you did buy the dump trailer to dump didn't you?

twj721
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
get a dump bed liner and be finished with it

leaflandscape
08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't line it, you're wasting your time and money. If you want you can paint it with farm implement paint, but it'll be gone in a week anyway, so I just keep the outside of mine painted and accept the inside for what it is, doomed to be a bit rusty.

Grn Mtn
08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
in case you were still wanting to do something I just found this product today:

http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/supplies/prod1;gs1_haytarps_covers_pond_liners;pgxr2101_XR2101.html

PerfectEarth
08-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Do NOT line it!! I have an 07 Bri-Mar and all the guys keep saying "get the line-x in it." ??? HUH?? It's a horrible idea. Mulch, soil, sand- it'll all stick in there. Like everyone's sai, it defeats the point of the "dump" trailer. I love the smooth surface and plus- it's meant to get banged up!

cddva
08-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all your responses. The general consensus seems to be .......forget the liner. That's what the salesman/owner said too. I think I can live with that. If a liner reduces the "dump" factor it does kind of defeat the purpose. That's what I needed to know.

gammon landscaping
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
some things are just supposed to have a rough life, dump trailer, my pants, my cleaning lady, and any woman that tries to date me..

mike lane lawn care
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
can i ask what you paid for that trailer and what it's size and capacity is?

cddva
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
some things are just supposed to have a rough life, dump trailer, my pants, my cleaning lady, and any woman that tries to date me..
Now that's funny:laugh: Sounds like your one of those "I'm hard but I'm fair" kind of guys.

I paid a little under 8K out the door. I think I could have shopped around and found it for a little less but I didn't want the hassle of driving long distances to look at other trailers, had limited time to get the deal done and I like my trailer dealer (bought my equipment trailer there). Its 7' wide by 14' long 12gvwr. Has 6 D-rings and is dual telescoping cylinders with combination gate and slide-out ramps. I need to build some side boards for it for brush/mulch hauling.

bobcatnj
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
i have the same trailer but i bought the high sides with it . best piece of equipment i bought.