PDA

View Full Version : Lesco sale on 06-07 Z twos

dave k
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Just got my flier from Lesco, they have a special on a 54" with 23 hp Kaw for 6099, plus a free cup holder and light kit, not a bad deal, also have a 60" with 25 Kaw hp for 6399 and finally a 48" 19 hp for 5799.
On the 07 models a
48" for 6599
54" 6899
72" 8699 with a 37 hp Generac engine.
I wonder what the difference is from the 06 to 07 models?
Dave

BigLag
08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
That 60" sounds like a good deal.....how are lesco products

mikegbuff
08-21-2007, 06:00 PM
I was told the difference in 06 and 07 is 07 has rollbars, better seat, and controls in more user-friendly location....not sure those things are worth an extra $1,000 to me.

dave k
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Biglag
Read Envys post, he swears by them.

Mowingman
08-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Those are tha same as Cub Commercial "Tanks", but they have green paint.
Lesco will be dumping all of their "Lesco/Cub" machines so they can start selling the J.D. machines. Parts will not be a problem, as any Cub dealer can get you parts for your Lesco machine.

HS Football Rules
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Those are the same as Cub Commercial "Tanks", but they have green paint.
Lesco will be dumping all of their "Lesco/Cub" machines so they can start selling the J.D. machines. Parts will not be a problem, as any Cub dealer can get you parts for your Lesco machine.

LOL C'mon dude want to substantiate that claim?
You could very well be correct...but a little fact mixed in with
opinion would be cool....ya know?

lawnboy dan
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
i would not buy any lesco mower at any price till this gets straightned out-will there be parts support or not?

HenryB
08-21-2007, 09:21 PM
i would not buy any lesco mower at any price till this gets straightned out-will there be parts support or not?

I'll second that.

Envy Lawn Service
08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Just for the record, so far I have seen no change in anything, except John Deere Landscapes being added to a few things.... But that is so far...

Also, just for the record, Lesco sold their interest in CTP (who builds the equipment) some time ago. Part of the transaction included a supply contract for equipment and parts. I think that was a 5 year deal, and I would have to dig into my notes to see how far into that period it already is.... Then there was the more recent agreement with Everride for the Danes...

But in the end, who knows what will change, what contracts will be renewed, etc...

Frankly I don't know and frankly I am not worried about parts for the machines being sold. Like I told someone else, you might have to pay that normal dealer hiked-up price for parts, but you can get them at any Cub Commercial dealer.

I would hate to see it come to this, but my guess is that Deere WILL want to move in their landscape equipment eventually, and I look for it to happen... unless they are afraid it will pizz of their dealerships.

If service stays as it has been for me at Lesco, but they drop the lines, and I do not find a good Cub dealer, I guess I will at least demo the 7-Iron II.

Cooter
08-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Anyone have any real world experience with the 72" Lesco or Cub?

Envy Lawn Service
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Anyone have any real world experience with the 72" Lesco or Cub?

wriken (member here) does.

Mowingman
08-22-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL C'mon dude want to substantiate that claim?
You could very well be correct...but a little fact mixed in with
opinion would be cool....ya know?

Cub has ended it's deal to build for Lesco. I know, as I am a Cub dealer.
J.D. bought Lesco. What brand of machines do you think Lesco will be selling in the future?

HS Football Rules
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I have no reason to disagree, just trying to find my way through the fog
of information here, searching for facts.

Mowingman
08-22-2007, 09:04 PM
There is a lot of speculation about what Deere is going to do with/to Lesco. I can say for sure that Deere will not be selling mowers made by any competitor at the Lesco stores, when they get things all lined out and the Lesco operations firmly under their thumb.
There may be some transition period where Lesco sells another brand of mower. However, that will not last long. Again, if you find a great deal on a Lesco Z2 mower, do not be afraid to go for it, as parts will be readily available from Cub.

Envy Lawn Service
08-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Cub has ended it's deal to build for Lesco. I know, as I am a Cub dealer.
J.D. bought Lesco. What brand of machines do you think Lesco will be selling in the future?

How could cub do that when they don't build the mowers either?

I'm pretty sure the supply agreement involved in Lesco's sale of their interest in CTP has a few more years on it yet. I'll have to dig that back up and find out. I'm pretty sure it was a 5 year deal on the mowers/equipment and I'm pretty sure this is not the last year.

In any event, I do not disagree that John Deere might want to push it's commercial line through the Lesco locations eventually. I believe they will leave well enough alone for a while yet, as that seems to be what they are doing at this point. I mean they are calling them Lesco John Deere Landscapes. That's a suprise to me... I figured they would change everything ASAP to just John Deere Landscapes.

Envy Lawn Service
08-22-2007, 09:45 PM
OK, I looked, and they started the process of entering into the agreement to sell on Oct 28 2003. Who knows how long it took to finalize and whatnot... but it was a 5 year supply deal after the sale.

So at the very least, CTP has a contract to sell, and Lesco is obligated to purchase for 5 years after the sale.
Minimum required purchase numbers are $34.7 million for this year and $37.8 million for next...

mikegbuff
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Envy - where in NC are you?

Mowingman
08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Envy,
Our Cub commercial rep. says the deal to build mowers for Lesco is over, or about to be, due to negotiations that have taken place between Cub and Lesco. He is hauling around a couple of new "Cub" fert. spreaders that until now, were only built under the Lesco name. This includes the push model that many people have used for years, as well as the motorized, ride-on spreader Lesco was selling.

Envy Lawn Service
08-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Envy,
Our Cub commercial rep. says the deal to build mowers for Lesco is over, or about to be, due to negotiations that have taken place between Cub and Lesco. He is hauling around a couple of new "Cub" fert. spreaders that until now, were only built under the Lesco name. This includes the push model that many people have used for years, as well as the motorized, ride-on spreader Lesco was selling.

Awesome... this is going to be great for the Cub Commercial brand.
Expands the product line with additional quality products.

The sad part is that this will no doubt cause a LEAP in price back to where I have seen it before.

I need to pay another visit to the dealer I have been encouraging to take on the Cub Commercial line.

jwl5510
08-23-2007, 03:03 AM
If service stays as it has been for me at Lesco, but they drop the lines, and I do not find a good Cub dealer, I guess I will at least demo the 7-Iron II.[/QUOTE]

:usflag:

Glad to hear