PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanups

All_Toro_4ME
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
How often do you guys schedule fall cleanups? This will be the first season I'm going to do it so I thought I would see often some of you guys are doing it. And do you charge the same as if you were mowing the yard? Thanks.

drock1
08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I usually do my cleanups twice but have customers that want it done more often. Usually charge $35.00 an hour per guy when doing cleanups.

supercuts
08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
as far as the same price as a mow, you have got to be kidding. there is a section called starting a business for questions like this. i give season prices for fall cleanups and its $100+ a load to haul leaves. to do a good job you need a few hundred dollars before hauling. not all, but some lawns seem to be about 10 times the amount to mow, obviously depending on many factors such as hauling, amount of leaves, amount of beds, etc. a $35lawn could be in the 300-$350 range

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I do them twice if the customer wants it done i have them call fo any more clean up. Fall clean up is a lot more work. There is always more leaves there than you think. I wouldn't touch fall clean up for the price of lawn mowing.:dizzy:

nobagger
08-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Usually we like to do it once a year (final big clean up) As far as price...we have a minimum and we ONLY charge per man hr.

lawnprosteveo
08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I have alot of customers that have me out every other week starting in mid to late October. For us Okie boys, thats about when them leaves get to fallin'.....on those yards I usually mulch up the leaves. I charge them $40 per man hour (Im usually solo). Most yards dont take me over an hour so their price is pretty close to their mowing price.

topsites
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I do leaves for regular customers who have been with me at least the entire season.
I charge by the hour, no estimates, final price after the job is done.

Took me 5 years to get there, but that crazy method fixes a lot of bs.

dfor
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I always do at least 2 clean-ups for leaves. Even at that, sometimes they get wet and heavy depending on how much rain we receive.

Some customers want me there weekly to get rid of the leaves. That works out great.

kc2006
08-21-2007, 10:10 PM
weekly customers lawns get vac'd every week or every other week depending on if the lawn needs mowed or not. Then there's one final clean up at the end of the season for the beds and lawn. As for price its by the hour.

Olylawnboy
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
On my commertial accounts I clean up leaves every week, as well as on over half of my residentials. How else do you keep things looking sharp?
I spread my estimated cost of a fall and spring clean-ups over the year and just keep things clean. Sure it takes a little extra time each week to blow out beds but I'm able to mulch a good amount of the total leaves and I end up without doing a major clean up. Most of the time anyway. A big wind storm at the wrong time messes thing up :) Over the years this has worked well for me.