PDA

View Full Version : High lift blades

rob b.
08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I have used mulching blades and just regular old blades,but I have never used any high lift blades.What are the advantages of using this type of blade.Does it leave a cleaner cut?

fergman
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
yes it will

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-21-2007, 09:27 PM
What mower are you running,oh yea it leaves a better cut and super vacum at least on the scags.

LB1234
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
We use them. When combined with a bagger in the fall it really gets every last leaf. Only problem with them is in the tall wet heavy stuff it tends to clump more (without the bagger of course) becuase it doesn't cut the blade up as much.

grandview (2006)
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Just make sure if your not bagging to watch the turns they will kick that grass really far and splat on the house,

topsites
08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
If it works, don't fix it.

captbob
08-21-2007, 11:02 PM
The gator type high lift blades by Ex Mark with the teeth on top are very dirty on my 52 with the Ultra cut deck I have several accounts with plenty of bald spots and they throw the dirt out the front and all over the driver they are fine in just grass for me and leave a nice cut . But I have been real happy with the Ex Mark regular mulching blades they work great good lift clean cut and clean driver. But thats on my machine all decks are differnt
and I mulch only I have spoiled my clients and after some of the threads I have been reading with flying projectiles out the chute I am leaving them plates on.
Da Capt

TAZ
08-22-2007, 05:49 AM
They can leave a cleaner cut as some have mentioned and they do increase the discharge rate in most cases. They also suck more power. I agree on the scags they leave a very clean cut and as a side benefit for me anyway they leave the underside of the deck cleaner than the standard lift blades.

-TAZ

pdgregory
08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
How do mulching blades cut when used without the baffles and using the chute?

bohiaa
08-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Just make sure if your not bagging to watch the turns they will kick that grass really far and splat on the house,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you should see the side of my truck :angry:

supercuts
08-22-2007, 09:02 PM
i personally didnt see enough of a difference in reduction of clippings with the gators so i went back to highlift which i feel cut better

jkingrph
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
I have a Scag Wildcat, 26hp LC Kawasaki, 52" cut velocity deck. I noticed this summer with as much rain and as fast as the grass is growing, the "extra" high lift vs standard blades, really suck up the power. When I hit an especially thick patch of grass the engine loads up a bit more. Standard blades do not give a noticable change.

TAZ
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I have a Scag Wildcat, 26hp LC Kawasaki, 52" cut velocity deck. I noticed this summer with as much rain and as fast as the grass is growing, the "extra" high lift vs standard blades, really suck up the power. When I hit an especially thick patch of grass the engine loads up a bit more. Standard blades do not give a noticable change.

Those blades do suck serrious power in the wet heavy stuff.

-TAZ

slclawn
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
After you go to high lift blades you wont want any thing else.

dcondon
08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
High lifts work great if your not trying to do clean ups. Just make sure you have enough hp.