PDA

View Full Version : Question about bagging systems

Sydenstricker Landscaping
08-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Okay, I have the Scag model GC STC collection system on my 52" Tiger Cub. Here lately I have been noticing that the discharge side of the deck with the vac on it, cuts shorter, even scalps in some cases than the other side. I was wondering if there is a way to offset the extra weight of the vac on the opposite side of the deck? I dont wanna be drilling a bunch of holes in the deck either, since this will be on now till end of season, otherwise I side discharge most of the time. Thanks in advance for any help!!:waving:

WALKER LANDSCAPE
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Can you change the decks scalp wheels heights. :confused: Put some weights on the deck on the opposite side. My two cents

ed2hess
08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
With a external bagging device hanging onto the deck doesn't it make it practically impossible to raise/lower the deck?

08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Josh, I tried farting around with the scalp wheels, but it proved fruitless. I dunno about the weights, dont wanna strap a dumb bell set to the side of the deck, lol:laugh: :laugh:

ed2hess, no I can still raise lower the deck with no problem. It isnt the kind with a separate motor, it is belt driven off the deck

WALKER LANDSCAPE
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Answer we can ask the Scag gut at the EXPO and if he can not answer we will :hammerhead: and make him buy the third round.:drinkup:

08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
that is a good idea Josh, but I kinda want to get it fixed before October!!

08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
no one has any idea????:confused:

cutbetterthanyou
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
If it did the same as mine it bent the rod that goes from side to side.

If you look at the chains the deck are bolted to, then look at the bracket the chains are bolted to, then the bar that the brackets are welded to, is the one i am talking about.

If you look at the brackets and they are not at the same angle from on side to the other,or flaked paint around the weld, than the rod is most likely bent.

As far as fixing it i really don't know how. I fooled w/ mine for a while and got mad then took it to the dealer, but i do know he played w/ the adjustable bars that run front to back, the ones for the deck pitch.

SNAPPER MAN
08-22-2007, 10:34 PM
put a couple bags of concrete on the other side lol, it would work.

08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
If it did the same as mine it bent the rod that goes from side to side.

If you look at the chains the deck are bolted to, then look at the bracket the chains are bolted to, then the bar that the brackets are welded to, is the one i am talking about.

If you look at the brackets and they are not at the same angle from on side to the other,or flaked paint around the weld, than the rod is most likely bent.

As far as fixing it i really don't know how. I fooled w/ mine for a while and got mad then took it to the dealer, but i do know he played w/ the adjustable bars that run front to back, the ones for the deck pitch.
Thanks!!! I will check that out in the morning.
put a couple bags of concrete on the other side lol, it would work.
LMAO:laugh: Quickrete mower, lol