PDA

View Full Version : has anyone modified the mulch kit on 717a?

bmoore
08-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I want to modify the mulch kit on my 717a...I was wondering if anyone has done this. I want to make it so that i can disharge when i want to without removing the entire disharge side baffle ....Im thinking of cutting the baffle short so that i can just remove the discharge cover and let the grass fly.
Any thoughts? thanks in advance for the help

robbo521
08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
nope.but if you do take it off i bet you will hate it without it.i took mine off and it was a real pain to put back on,said i never would do that again.even if you took the disharge side baffle off you would still have the two small ones in the middle.would think if you took them out and a plate over the open part to raise or lower it would still work.the two small baffles are a pain because of the bolt.i cut one yard without it and didnt like it so put it back on.

bmoore
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
i already took the small ones out...i cant tell much of a difference ..I have taken the kit off a few times and your right...pain in the %&s !!!! Hence the thinking of modifying the kit ?????? Im sure someone somewhere has ruined one trying...lol

Cooter
08-23-2007, 02:39 AM
I was thinking of doing the same on my 757. Only I wasn't going to cut the kit up I was gonna make my own. I was basically going to copy the mulch kit but cut it so it was more of a front baffle to cut the clippings finer. Maybe when I get some free time.

bmoore
08-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I Cant Believe Someone Has Not Already Tried This !!!

bmoore
08-31-2007, 12:22 PM
alota help this has been...lol