PDA

View Full Version : Best pull behind core aerator...

nitro121
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm going to get in the aeration and seeding business this fall....just mowing and flowerbed maintenance now. What is the best pull behind aerator that isn't from Lesco...theirs is almost 1500. But agri-fab, and two others (I left their names at my real job...trac-something and another one) are in the 500 dollar range. I don't want to drop 1500 if I only get a handful of clients from my current mowing list.

My MiniZ won't accept a JrCo or other front mount aerator (from what I'm told)...and I don't mind.

Gary

dave k
08-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Look at a Ryan

MOW ED
08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
You get what you pay for. Lesco is made by Classen. I have a 40" Classen on a 3 point with a compact tractor. (15hp diesel). If you are looking to not put out a lot of money then rent a pull behind aerator from a local rental yard and see how they perform for what you are doing. I will give you some unsolicited advice, if you are going to do commercial work then odds are pretty good you are gonna need commercial equipment. That 1500 dollar aerator will last a long time and give superior results over a cheepy and you will make money. The commercial has a residual value meaning you can sell it for a pretty decent rate. Homeowner stuff gets thrown away. Good Luck.

dave k
08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Aeravator, I hope I spelled it right, it really does a number on hard dirt.