PDA

View Full Version : lesco seeder/slicer

old oak lawn
08-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Ordered lesco renovator seeder/slicer today will be in sat.Has anyone used one and how do u like it? I have never used one but wanted to add on a service. And do you all spray the lawn to kill the weeds first before seeding? thanks for any help.

Runner
08-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Do yourself a favor and pass on it. Get the Revitalizer. It does circles around the Lesco. Now, don't get me wrong, the Lesco is a good machine, as I have used one for years. However, if you have ever used both, or researched them, you would know exactly what I am saying. There are too many improvements for me to list on this post at this time.

old oak lawn
08-23-2007, 11:35 PM
thanks runner but i have ordered one from my dealer so i wont back out. do you get a lot of use out of yor machine? and can you give me a idea of wat to charge i have not used one before. thanks

Runner
08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I just got it (the Revitalizer). As far a backing out, that is no big deal with Lesco, because they just reship it out, and it goes to another near Lesco who needs it anyway. So actually, on the same hand, you ight even be helping someone out. It doesn't cost them anything.
As far as pricing goes I'm not sure what it goes for in your area, but we get around $75 per M, here.

daveyo
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
What did that run you Joe? Thats it here right? http://www.focusonequipmentrentals.com/expanded_product_profile.cfm?ID=271&Co_Name_Id=346

Craftybigdog
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
I have the Lesco and it has 25 hrs on it and has been in the shop so much. What a piece of junk dont get one. Im tellin you not worth it.

Runner
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Dave,...Yeah, that's the one. Mine is the 8.5 Kohler. The newer Commercial ones are 9 hp Robins. As far as the price goes, my price was on a demo. The SRP is around 3500, and the wholesale is around 32, I think. If you buy one direct, it may be a little cheaper, but I'm not sure. One thing I can tell you, is that Dave is a good guy, with a good head on his shoulders. he is an extremely intelligent man, and very interesting person. He has a phenomenal background and has a great background in engineering, as well. I have talked to him in person a few times,...the last time, sitting out on my back patio. This guy STANDS BEHIND his product! He speaks with great confidence - not arrogance, but confidence, because he knows just what his product is, and what it does. To the consumer, it looks all good, and it appears to be a decent product. That is,...until you RUN it. It is not only the ease of running, but once you see the engineering and the actual functionality in motion, or in operation, you realize and appreciate just what has gone in to this machine. What a design!
Crafty,
What all has given you trouble on that machine? I have never heard of ANYone ever having that much trouble with that machine.

Breezmister
08-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I have the Lesco and it has 25 hrs on it and has been in the shop so much. What a piece of junk dont get one. Im tellin you not worth it.

Craftybigdog, what kind of problems you been having ? Up until a few months ago, Lesco sent alot of there repairs to the shop I work in, would be interested in any problems, we still get alot of Lesco work ?

daveyo
08-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Where do i buy direct? and who should I talk to?

Thanks

Craftybigdog
08-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Well the chain has broken twice on it. The chain pops off, the drum alot of blades have broken off. Just snapped the bolts so alot of them need to have an easy out used. The other day the handle snapped off one side that you hold on to. It has been at the shop or Lesco more than I have had it waiting for parts or getting worked on. Its there now and has been there since May waiting for the handle. They just called and said it was ready. To break again.

Runner
08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow.
Dave, if you go on the sponsors forums, and ask your question on their forum, David himself can answer you. He will be in South Carolina this next week.

Breezmister
08-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Well the chain has broken twice on it. The chain pops off, the drum alot of blades have broken off. Just snapped the bolts so alot of them need to have an easy out used. The other day the handle snapped off one side that you hold on to. It has been at the shop or Lesco more than I have had it waiting for parts or getting worked on. Its there now and has been there since May waiting for the handle. They just called and said it was ready. To break again.

Wow ;) For a unit to have that many problems with only 25 hours. I've seen the broken handle, just welded it up with a brace....If the chain is breaking or coming off, there is an alignment problem somewhere or the idler is not keeping pressure on the chain. I don't blame you for being unhappy with it:cry: Will Lesco take it back and give you a credit on something else ?

Craftybigdog
08-25-2007, 02:32 PM
No they wont Ive talked to them about it. So no more Lesco products, something that it would be good for is a boat anchor though!