PDA

View Full Version : Palm Trees

markclark00
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Has anyone considered growing and selling palm trees? It looks like it could be a year-round business in warmer climates.

YardPro
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
i would think it would be hard to get into...

when we buy tractor trailers direct, we pay only $65.00 per palm... that's cheap for a 10-12 foot sable.

JJG84
08-26-2007, 11:51 AM
palm trees grow slowwww.

if it were a quick producer, then it would be a considerable investment.

grow an orange tree and sell the oranges. or a tomato plant and sell the tomatoes....

still it would be a hell of a job because there are so many commercial growers out there to compete with.

yamadooski
09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
OH thank God all of you dont live in Florida and really new which palms grow so fast and how many you can plant in 1 acre.

I will tell you first of all the sabal grows wild. You pay 65.00 for someone to go into some farmers field to clear it out. Then on top that the farmer or developer pays you to take out the sabal.

Then there are some palms we pay wholesale of 175.00 per foot of clear trunk.

When the housing market was booming it was very hard to get 14' queen palms.
Now they are very available.

Turf Terror
09-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Has anyone considered growing and selling palm trees? It looks like it could be a year-round business in warmer climates.
How many would you like?
What type and size? I can have 500 of just about any kind of palm ready for shipment in 3-5 days.
:cool2:

Marek
09-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Do you guys know of any good wholesalers near Marco Island? We will be down there next month to redo the in laws vacation home. Also Turf go into a little more detail we get a truck load up here every spring and sell to resturants and other places

Turf Terror
09-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Do you guys know of any good wholesalers near Marco Island? We will be down there next month to redo the in laws vacation home. Also Turf go into a little more detail we get a truck load up here every spring and sell to resturants and other places

What details would you like? PM me with what species of palm you're using, the size you'd like, and how many you usually buy...
A "truckload" is a very subjective number. Give me some details, and I can get you prices.

Sweet Tater
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Since you guys are talking about palm trees. I used to live in Jacksonville Fl and hated palm trees because hey were every where. Now I live in north Mississippi (zone 8) will a palm tree live here?