PDA

View Full Version : aeration pricing question

gthompson
08-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Rather than wait until next season to get going I thought this fall I might offer aeration as part of a fall package. My thoughts were aeration, 1 cut or rake (if they don't want the plugs left on the lawn), possibly fertilize and overseed.
I called the local rental store and it is $82 CAD per day, $574 CAD per week to rent (believe they carry the BlueBird models, likely not the most desireable rig out there but if it's worthwhile I'll purchase one next season).
Spoke to a few people at work and they are interested if the price is right.....so my question is just that! Any advice on what the "right"price is.
They were mostly interested in the aeration.
One lawn is .3 acre, the other is .5 acre. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a base price they use per acre just to aerate, something I can go by.
Thank you very much in advance!!

G.

westwind
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
We charge a 150.00 minimum, if that helps.

prizeprop
08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
plugs stay on the lawn.$150-$250 mostly 1/4 - 1/2 acre approx. I think I did like 7 last year. nice profit day. I want to get a flyer out to all my regular customers this month and hopfully put together at least 3 days like this!

Sweet Tater
08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I live in northeast mississippi. Lots of red clay so hard a pick ax will bounce back at ya. how would you areate ground that hard. dynomite is outta the question