PDA

View Full Version : Want some GOOD stuff

drelgan
08-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Looking for a GOOD weedkiller that will not have any regrowth after a few weeks. We use Roundup at the school I work for around buildings, fences and etc. But after a few weeks, have to do it again. Especially, in this HOT weather, the only thing growing (and I mean growing) is what I can iron weed. We need something to really keep everything down.

groundsmgr
08-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I use a product that i get from lesco called syth?? not sure of the spelling. or try triox, by ortho

drelgan
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks--the local Lesco is suppose to be sending me a catalog.

MarcSmith
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
scythe just works with the round up or by itself to kill weeds and show kill in about an hour.

you might want to consider a pre-emergent, Pre-M, Surflan, ect, or in some cases a soil sterliant, Sahara, karmex, ect...

Stillwater
09-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks--the local Lesco is suppose to be sending me a catalog.

don't wait for their catalog it is not very comprehensive anyway go to their website lesco.com

Foster
09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
This reply is late but here goes. I use Sahara at the rate of 10 lbs per acre. Label goes as high as 17lbs. If there is vegetation actively growing, I add a qt of glyphosate and a pint of 2,4d. The only weed I have seen grow thru this is Kochia. You will need agitation in the tank as the Sahara will settle. I have not tried this in a hand sprayer. Hope this helps.

drelgan
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Laurentian
10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
This reply is late but here goes. I use Sahara at the rate of 10 lbs per acre. Label goes as high as 17lbs. If there is vegetation actively growing, I add a qt of glyphosate and a pint of 2,4d. The only weed I have seen grow thru this is Kochia. You will need agitation in the tank as the Sahara will settle. I have not tried this in a hand sprayer. Hope this helps.

Good suggestion!

Laurentian
10-04-2007, 01:46 AM
If your applying chemicals at School you probably need to be licensed as applicator not for hire. Hire a good vegitation management company to take care of the issue. Also if your licensed be sure to read the lables to make sure a school is listed. If its not the Department of Ag likes handing down big fines.

turfnh2oman
10-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Be sure to check the labels on these for "use around schools" as previously mentioned as I don't have the labels in front of me right now but if you want a good surefire mix that works, tank mix this:

Lesco 3-way
Confront
Quicksilver

Mix all at high end label rates with proper amount of sticker. Spray when cool. (early am or late pm).
Will hit about every weed listed including harder to kill weeds like ground ivy, mallow, etc.
Will work fine on all cool season turfs without damage.

When weeds are shot get in there with some topdressing and seed to fill the "void". There's the likely reason for your regrowth.