PDA

View Full Version : Too Hot to Trim???

Landscape89
08-23-2007, 08:51 PM
It's a stupid question, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Is there such an idea that its too hot outside to trim shrubs and hedges and it could shock the plant? Im just wondering this.. I was planning to persue a Hedge Trimming job this Saturday but I saw it was gonna be around 95 degrees. Any help is appreciated! :waving:

jpp
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Start early and take plenty of water with you. Shrubs are pretty hardy and you should not have a problem with them dying out. A few years back we did some with temps close to 100 outside. They are still there and are in need of a trim soon.

nograss
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
As long as the plants have water there is no problem.

RonB
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Today I trimmed a couple shrubs and when I got home heardthe weatherman say we set another record high - 105.

nograss
08-23-2007, 10:55 PM
as long as they have water there is no problem. I trimmed alot of plants in Tn today and told the owner he had to water them for the next couple weeks every other day. I gave him the bill and drew attention to the water instructions on the bill so there would be no mistake. 105 today in Nashville, Tn. Always write down the instructions so there is no problem later.

Stillwater
08-27-2007, 01:54 AM
It's a stupid question, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Is there such an idea that its too hot outside to trim shrubs and hedges and it could shock the plant? Im just wondering this.. I was planning to persue a Hedge Trimming job this Saturday but I saw it was gonna be around 95 degrees. Any help is appreciated! :waving:

I am In mass like you and yes their is such a thing as to hot, and all the advice you just got hear before me telling you it is ok is questionable, if they are ornamental I will not trim them above 80 85 degrees. Unless they are just a hack down.