PDA

View Full Version : Plow folks.....I need insurance.

tthomass
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Who are you insured with and what $ are you dishing out? Is it a separate policy? I'm having a hard time finding good/affordable insurance for plowing.

Thanks!

P.Services
08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
im with acuity, not a separate policy as long as my plow revenue dose not exceed my lawn and landscape. kind of a small policy only half a mill. i pay $800 per year and that blanket covers my mowers and all tools over $100 and less then $2500. i think (i hope) its a good price

Mike33
08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
i have everything with erie: business liab., home, auto, etc and just carry commercial ins. on my truck of course which covers everything.
mike

salopez
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I have a million dollar policy with Farm Fleet insurance that is 500 for my gl. which covers me for anything I do plowing. they are great to work with. I have been going through the Piedmont group in Frederick. Call them up as for Kevin he is the owner. 301-865-6411

TriplePLandscaping
08-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I am also in the process of gettin insurance. I was talking to an agent with nation wide. And I asked what coverage I need incase someone slips and falls at a commercial property [ I heard horror stories on plowsite] he said they cant go after you only the owner of the property? Is this true? Sorry to steel the thread.

salopez
08-24-2007, 05:06 PM
they sure can go after you!

you need to protect yourself from the property owner. It all goes down hill.

you need to state in your contract that if conditions change after you leave and water freezes you are not left liable. make sure someone signs off they you left with the property in safe conditions.

vadeere
08-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Erie here. Thomas pm if you want more info. Im not too far from you and my agent is in Loudon County.