PDA

View Full Version : PLUGR owners

Scarlawnturf
08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Just ordered my Plugr 850HD and should be here in a few days. Do you guys break many tines during operation? I ordered a couple of spare 5/8 tines. I was just wondering how fragile they were when hitting a rock underground. At the golf course where I work part time, we break them often when doing deep tine aerations, but those tines are much longer and thinner and prone to breakage. I was just curious as to some other operators experience. Speaking of tines, has anyone found a place to buy tines other than PLUGR? They are quite expensive.

lawnspecialties
08-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I bought a 600 last year. Sometimes the ground was so hard, it was picking up the entire unit completely off the ground but never once did a tine break.

rodfather
08-27-2007, 05:58 AM
haven't broken one yet on our 800 in almost 2 years

aclassic
08-28-2007, 07:40 AM
theres a guy on ebay that sells plugr tines for really cheap compared to plugr. his ebay username is 1982tow. he doesnt have any for sale right now but if you check regularly i bet he'll put more up.

Scarlawnturf
08-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!

grassmasterswilson
08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
how much are the plugrs running these days? went to the website and they look awesome and alot easier on the operator than the rotory plug aerators.

rodfather
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
how much are the plugrs running these days? went to the website and they look awesome and alot easier on the operator than the rotory plug aerators.

I paid around 3k for my 800

Scarlawnturf
08-30-2007, 04:58 AM
I ended up paying $4300 plus tax for the 850HD with the Honda engine.

selaeration
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I've used the Plugr for 10 years now. I have a 4 tine and (2) 6 tine models. The machines are great and very reliable. The tines are not that great. They plug up with rocks readily and I have had several just shatter when they hit rocks under ground. I do aerate about 500 yards/ year. What I am doing now is taking a split bird-beaked style tine from another manufacturer and welding it on to threads to fit my plugrs. These cost me less to make and one set lasts me about 300 aerations in this Ohio hard rocky clay. They rarely pick up rocks and when they do I just hit them with a small wrench and keep going. I gave one of my tines to a Plugr Rep at the Ohio lawn show 2 years ago and asked them to mass produce them but I've never seen any yet. I'll just make more this winter I guess.