PDA

View Full Version : truck sound

JTS Landscaping lawn
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
i have a 2500 gasser wondering if there is a way to make is sound like a semi i know on warmer days when i take off it sounds like that. also has anyone put stacks on a gas truck or any pic of gas trucks with them. looking to add more horsepower for towing and stuff any good ways to do that. thanks

Fairway Land & Lawn
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
THe sound you are hearing is the clutch fan. Not to worry, it is supposed to do that. If you use the truck bed, do not get stacks. They tend to get very hot, and can cause a fire. Try a power programmer ( diablo, sct, superchips...etc ) they are best bang for the buck. Good Luck....

deere615
08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
HA:laugh: I always wondered why my truck sometimes sounded like a semi. Now I Know thanks:waving:

Scag48
08-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Go buy a diesel, put new injectors, fuel pump, turbo, exhaust, and fuel mapping in it. Then, and only then, will you ever come even remotely close to sounding like a big rig.

TXNSLighting
08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Go buy a diesel, put new injectors, fuel pump, turbo, exhaust, and fuel mapping in it. Then, and only then, will you ever come even remotely close to sounding like a big rig.

Thats the only way!!!

SiteSolutions
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Or go buy an actual big truck. It would probably be cheaper to get a good used dump truck than to buy a pickup and try to turn it into something it can never be.

mower&more1986
08-29-2007, 01:33 AM
or just go driving school and get your CDL. that what i did and i got it
and it tons of fun and work. but well worth it. because i can fall back on it. if business doesn't go well by the way it was Kenworth W900 sleeper cab. i was 19 at the time :usflag:

Eclipse
09-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Stright pimp stacks on a gasser sound like crap IMO.

topsites
09-04-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm not here to burst bubbles but these are work vehicles and I think pimping it any kind of way doesn't look right for a business, not to mention the issue of deducting this as an expense just doesn't quite fly either. Next thing you know you'll attract the kind of customers who want you to pull dead tree stumps out of the ground with your truck and a chain, see it just don't fly for a business, fun would be another story but...

If you want to spend some money then get polished headers and dual exhaust pipes put in (two mufflers, if you really want to spend bucks get double cats as well), at least you'll get something more than show out of it and you can certainly pass this off as a legitimate expense. Might not sound like a big rig, but she'll pull like one lol.

That's my whole thing, I'm all about show too, but it has to do something other than that, it has to serve an actual purpose.
Plus, the more boring and plain your vehicle looks, the lower your vehicle's criminal profile ratio (less getting pulled over).

Another idea is rail lights, these are for visibility purposes (and look nice), here's one example:
http://stonypointlawncare.com/gallery/DCFN0020.JPG

mower&more1986
09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
The Trailer lights idea sounds like a cool idea:)
my second ford f250 had a set lights aproved by the D.O.T. "I think"
it was on the font and rear bumper.
I may do the trailer lights to my 5x8:eek::drinkup:

Fatboy
09-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Kids!!!

FatBoy