PDA

View Full Version : What is a good source for filters?

SiteSolutions
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
It's time to get another set of filters for my Bobcat. (Outer air filter, inner air filter, and air conditioning filters) Does anybody here use a 3rd party source? I bought a set last month from the dealer for just over a hundred bucks and that's roughly 20 bucks a piece; I would hope that someone could make a quality filter for less than half that but I don't want to buy crapola and tear up my new machine. I'm all ears to y'all's suggestions...

Thanks in advance...

janb
08-27-2007, 01:29 AM
You might check a filter distributor in your area. I've been able to get better prices from them, and even NAPA. I don't have AC, but have got the air, fuel, hyd filters at different sources. I stick with well known manufacturers such as Wicks, Baldwin, Fleetguard...

I have my Fleetguard stuff shipped from NJ to WA via a web purchase.

JDSKIDSTEER
08-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Try NAPA or carquest. They should have them. I have compared in the past when I was the parts manager at the Deere heavey eq dealer many moons ago and Deere was very competitive with after market. Not sure about BobCat. Fleetguard is a good option. If not a decent price difference I would use origional.

Construct'O
08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
The Deere dealer here sells Fleetguard filters for equipment other then Deere.

They usually run a special first thing in the spring of 10 to 20 percent off.The more you order the better the deal.So if you have the extra cash,figure about what your going to need for the year and do a one time order.

They also do the same thing on oil.They are also getting into selling bulk oil,you buy the tank,you own,they come around and fill the tank and pick up the used oil for free.Plus you get a break on the bulk oil.

Most everyone is competive on there filters now days except for a few specialty filters that no one carrys except the dealers.

cat2
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I only use filters from the dealer

AWJ Services
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
It's time to get another set of filters for my Bobcat. (Outer air filter, inner air filter, and air conditioning filters) Does anybody here use a 3rd party source? I bought a set last month from the dealer for just over a hundred bucks and that's roughly 20 bucks a piece; I would hope that someone could make a quality filter for less than half that but I don't want to buy crapola and tear up my new machine. I'm all ears to y'all's suggestions...

Thanks in advance...

Most Filter manufacturers will have a distrubutor in your area.

Baldwin,Donaldson,Fleetgaurd etc are a few.

I use Parker Brothers here in Georgia.
They can cross your numbers and ship them.
You will usually save about half over oem filters.