PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me who's light this is??

JoeyD
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I had a few of these returned to me today and I do not make them. I cannot figure out who's light this is. I want to notify the customer.

HELP ME!!!!

NiteTymeIlluminations
08-27-2007, 05:29 PM
at first I had no idea...then I thought focus, then i thought maybe an OLP product...really i have no idea...lol...the clips just look like some kind of old OLP deal though

eskerlite
08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Looks like a Copper Moon fixture.
Sean C.

JoeyD
08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
The socket/lead wire looks like clear speaker wire. Really different and it does have thos pierce point connectors. Sean can you confirm it is Copper Moon, I will look on the web.

Thanks Guys

JoeyD
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like a Copper Moon fixture.
Sean C.

I dont think it's copper moon.

This light does not attach to a stake, the stem is the stake and has a tapered edge to the bottom to jam into the ground. Very Different.

Eden Lights
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
OLP is my vote all the way!!

Chris J
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
It looks to me like something I see a lot around here. It is installed by a franchise called Lightscapes of North Florida. I don't know who makes their fixtures though.

Eden Lights
08-27-2007, 08:18 PM
It looks to me like something I see a lot around here. It is installed by a franchise called Lightscapes of North Florida. I don't know who makes their fixtures though.

Lightscapes became Outdoor lighting Perspectives and at one time I think had a relationship with Coppermoon and or PM lighting. Any way see www.outdoorlights.com It would be hard for me to believe that we don't have some OLP guys here.

Chris J
08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Eden,
I'm not so sure about that. Lightscapes has been around here a long time, and now we also have an OLP. I don't think he (LS) would have allowed this to happen.

extlights
08-27-2007, 10:04 PM
It is definately something from OLP. I've replaced quite a few of those fixtures myself. They were using PM lighting for a while, but I don't believe that is a PM fixture. It could be by B&B Manufacturing...who I think they use now. Either way I'm about 99.9% sure it is a fixture installed by OLP. They don't use a stake, and there is a small plastic "stopper" or whatever you want to call it that fits into those holes right below the top so you can adjust the height of the top.

JackTorsed
08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I never did like a fixture whose top is supported by glass. It's unbelievable how many manufacturers have jumped on the band wagon with this same design. Bad news if you ask me. I've seen so many with either the glass broken or the silicone that attaches the top seperated from the top. This design is almost as bad as that dainty little tiffany glass bayonet socket tulip that get's broken everyday of the week by gardeners. Good grief.

Pro-Scapes
08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey I got a bucket full of the matching bullet lights. Installed less than 2 years. When I asked the client about them I was told they were "the good kind" FX transformers with off brand lights. Installed by a local landscaper.... fair design but left alot to be desired on quality. We reinstalled with CAST bullets and reworked the existing FX trans setups.

No marking as to brand but the sockets are rotted out. Clarolux has some stems that are the stakes like that on thier constantina fixture I think it is and the top is supported by glass. So far if I really had to guess you got yourself a clarolux stem there but they got lv wire sticking out of the stem. Email me Joey and I will send you a pic of a new stem from them they sent me and I refuse to buy or use. Some of these samples we get are JOKES!

Eden Lights
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Eden,
I'm not so sure about that. Lightscapes has been around here a long time, and now we also have an OLP. I don't think he (LS) would have allowed this to happen.

Here is the History from a 2004 article, it's a must read. I will not comment on the past PM relationship because it's only street talk that I have heard. B&B manufacturing is a arm of OLP, same building and the same people at the top. PM is right outside Nashville still also going with a similar direction, but much smaller from the figures i have researched.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2004/02/09/smallb1.html

JackTorsed
08-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Here is the History from a 2004 article, it's a must read. I will not comment on the past PM relationship because it's only street talk that I have heard. B&B manufacturing is a arm of OLP, same building and the same people at the top. PM is right outside Nashville still also going with a similar direction, but much smaller from the figures i have researched.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2004/02/09/smallb1.html

Thanks for posting the article Mr. Eden. The way it reads you'd think that they invented the nighttime demo. I'm highly sketical of the company origination dates and financial figures stated. The first thing a prospective franchisee looks at are the P&L statement and wants to know the gross and net profit. Unless the company is public you can basically fudge or exaggerate those numbers and get away with it.

JackTorsed
08-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey I got a bucket full of the matching bullet lights. Installed less than 2 years. When I asked the client about them I was told they were "the good kind" FX transformers with off brand lights. Installed by a local landscaper.... fair design but left alot to be desired on quality. We reinstalled with CAST bullets and reworked the existing FX trans setups.

No marking as to brand but the sockets are rotted out. Clarolux has some stems that are the stakes like that on thier constantina fixture I think it is and the top is supported by glass. So far if I really had to guess you got yourself a clarolux stem there but they got lv wire sticking out of the stem. Email me Joey and I will send you a pic of a new stem from them they sent me and I refuse to buy or use. Some of these samples we get are JOKES!

Looks to be a bunch of standard copper plumbing fittings and pipe stuck together with a socket in it.

ar-t
08-27-2007, 11:35 PM
"We came up with the idea of taking fixtures out at night and showing the house lit, so the customers could see the fixtures and design in place before they spent any money," says Lyons.

Gee, what a novel concept. Almost makes them sound like experts.

ar-t
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Looks to be a bunch of standard copper plumbing fittings and pipe stuck together with a socket in it.

Sure looks that way to me! Not sure I would admit being the manufacturer........

Chris J
08-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Looks to be two companies branching from the same family, but I'm still not seeing the evidence that OLP purchased Lightscapes.

Eden Lights
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Looks to be two companies branching from the same family, but I'm still not seeing the evidence that OLP purchased Lightscapes.

Lightscapes grew to become OLP in my area.

Chris J
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm going to just have to call the guy who owns Lightscapes of North Florida and ask him what's up. I can't see him allowing his franchise to become OLP and then another competitor jumping in right on top of him in the same market without a big law suite. That's crap, even if it is franchise squeeze.

Eden Lights
08-28-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm going to just have to call the guy who owns Lightscapes of North Florida and ask him what's up. I can't see him allowing his franchise to become OLP and then another competitor jumping in right on top of him in the same market without a big law suite. That's crap, even if it is franchise squeeze.

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Sun Coast, FL Jerry & Irene Pease 941-776-2803
Representative Cities Covered : Florida
Anna Maria, Arcadia, Bowling Green, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Cortez, El Jobean, Ellenton, Englewood, Holmes Beach, Laurel, Longboat Key, Murdock, Myakka City, Nokomis, North Port, Ona, Oneco, Osprey, Palmetto, Parrish, Placida, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Rotonda West, Sarasota, Tallevast, Terra Ceia, Venice

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Clearwater, FL Robert & Rian van der Putten 727-785-6000
Aripeka, Bay Pines, Belleair Beach, Clearwater, Clearwater Beach, Crystal Beach, Crystal Springs, Dade City, Dunedin, Elfers, Holiday, Hudson, Indian Rocks Beach, Lacoochee, Land O Lakes, Largo, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Ozona, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Port Richey, Safety Harbor, Saint Leo, Saint Petersburg, San Antonio, Seminole, Spring Hill, Tarpon Springs, Trilby, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Gold Coast, FL Brian & Liza Szpunar 800-746-1626
Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Bryant, Canal Point, Clewiston, Dania, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Hollywood, Jupiter, Lake Harbor, Lake Worth, Okeechobee, Pembroke Pines, Pompano Beach, South Bay, West Palm Beach

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Treasure Coast, FL Greg Jett 772-546-1313
Belle Glade, Fort Pierce, Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Loxahatchee, North Palm Beach, Pahokee, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm City, Port Saint Lucie, Port Salerno, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Stuart, West Palm Beach

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Atlantic Coast, FL Larry & Lisa Jewell 321-821-2244
Altamonte Springs, Barberville, Bunnell, Cape Canaveral, Cassadaga, Casselberry, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Daytona Beach, De Leon Springs, Debary, Deland, Deltona, Edgewater, Fellsmere, Flagler Beach, Gainesville, Geneva, Glenwood, Goldenrod, Grant, Indialantic, Key Largo, Lake Helen, Lake Mary, Lake Monroe, Longwood, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Merritt Island, Mid Florida, Mims, New Smyrna Beach, Oak Hill, Orange City, Orlando, Ormond Beach, Osteen, Oviedo, Palm Bay, Palm Coast, Patrick AFB, Pierson, Port Orange, Rockledge, Roseland, Sanford, Satellite Beach, Scottsmoor, Sebastian, Seville, Sharpes, Titusville, Vero Beach, Wabasso, Winter Beach, Winter Springs

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Jacksonville, FL Mark Freitag 904-241-3088
Atlantic Beach, Bryceville, Callahan, Doctors Inlet, Elkton, Fernandina Beach, Fleming Island, Florahome, Green Cove Springs, Hastings, Hilliard, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Keystone Heights, Lake Geneva, Melrose, Middleburg, Neptune Beach, Orange Park, Palatka, Penney Farms, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, Saint Augustine, Saint Johns, Starke, Yulee

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Naples, FL Kurt & D'Arcy Shearer 239-263-9975
Alva, Boca Grande, Bokeelia, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Captiva, Chokoloskee, Copeland, Estero, Everglades City, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Goodland, Immokalee, Lehigh Acres, Marco Island, Naples, North Fort Myers, Ochopee, Pineland, Saint James City, Sanibel, Vanderbilt Beach

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Orlando, FL Ian Miles 407-857-8111
Altoona, Apopka, Astatula, Astor, Christmas, Clarcona, Clermont, Eustis, Ferndale, Fruitland Park, Gotha, Grand Island, Groveland, Howey in the Hills, Intercession City, Kenansville, Killarney, Kissimmee, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Maitland, Mascotte, Minneola, Montverde, Mount Dora, Oakland, Ocoee, Okahumpka, Orlando, Paisley, Plymouth, Saint Cloud, Sorrento, Tangerine, Tavares, Umatilla, Weirsdale, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Yalaha, Zellwood

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Franchise: Tampa, FL Steve Barthelemy 813-237-0340
Alturas, Apollo Beach, Auburndale, Avon Park, Babson Park, Balm, Bartow, Bradley, Brandon, Davenport, Dover, Dundee, Durant, Eagle Lake, Eaton Park, Fedhaven, Fort Meade, Frostproof, Gibsonton, Haines City, Highland City, Homeland, Indian Lake Estates, Kathleen, Kissimmee, Lake Alfred, Lake Hamilton, Lake Wales, Lakeland, Lithia, Loughman, Lutz, Mango, Mulberry, Nalcrest, Nichols, Odessa, Plant City, Polk City, River Ranch, Riverview, Ruskin, Seffner, Sun City, Sun City Center, Sydney, Tampa, Thonotosassa, Valrico, Waverly, Webster, Wimauma, Winter Haven

NiteTymeIlluminations
08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
OLP used to be Lightscapes...the name became part of a court battle...I think someone said...nah lightscape is a common name that anyone can use...so the franchise decided to change the name to OLP...that's why there are Lightscapes guys out there...they are not part of the franchise...This is my take on it all...I can't prove anything cause I won't believe word that comes out of an OLP franchisee...they all seem to be fed what to say, they are like roboits with big egos...

JoeyD
08-28-2007, 09:08 AM
It is definately something from OLP. I've replaced quite a few of those fixtures myself. They were using PM lighting for a while, but I don't believe that is a PM fixture. It could be by B&B Manufacturing...who I think they use now. Either way I'm about 99.9% sure it is a fixture installed by OLP. They don't use a stake, and there is a small plastic "stopper" or whatever you want to call it that fits into those holes right below the top so you can adjust the height of the top.

Thats exactly what it had in the hole, it was like a plastic stopper/plug.

Thanks for all your help everyone!!

Pro-Scapes
08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
plastic stopper plugs and no stakes... hrmmm not that seems like top quality to me. Might have to buy into that program. :laugh:

JoeyD
08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
It looks like ClaroLux lights utilize this same stem/stake setup also.........