PDA

View Full Version : Locating Dog Fences B4 Aeration

patterson
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a proces for finding the damn dog fences before aerating. If I remember correctly, some can be located with a radio but I have no idea what frequency. Just trying to get a relativley close mark so I can keep about ten feet away. Any info would be great.

Dreams To Designs
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I have used one of the collars that sounds an audible alarm before it shocks. The audible was around 5' away, and that was close enough for my needs.

Kirk

Stillwater
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
it has a cupple of names, but it is called a signal trace another is called a fox and hound, you can buy them at homedepot in the electrical department one made by the company called Ideal is one of the better ones around 80.00

cmitcham
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
any spot on the am dial where you are not picking up a station will work. just listen to the static and it will change when you hit the magnetic field from the fence.

Stillwater
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I forgot to add in all the many years Ive done this I never damaged any inv. fence wire. have the customer map it out for you if you are freeked out but I wouldent worry about it. just get it done. or put the collar on and do it when you get shocked stop and go the other way

patterson
08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks everybody. Good suggestions all. In ten years the only one I ever hit was the one the company marked for me. Between the homoeoner, the collar and the radio, that should save some headaches. Thanks again.

Turfco Tim
08-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Eshkis,
Thanks for the laugh after a long, hot day in Cleveland.

turfnh2oman
08-30-2007, 12:47 AM
If you really want to know where it is exactly spend $ 750 and buy a wire locater. Progressive Equipment - Model 721 is what you want. Any irrigation dealer will sell it or be able to tell you where to get one. Also good for cable lines, etc. that are easily hit with aerifier too because around here they aren't buried too deep.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I forgot to add in all the many years Ive done this I never damaged any inv. fence wire. have the customer map it out for you if you are freeked out but I wouldent worry about it. just get it done. or put the collar on and do it when you get shocked stop and go the other way

lmao...Those were my thoughts exactly!