PDA

View Full Version : What's this skid loader worth?

fiveoboy01
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a used skid loader for snow this year.

1999 or 2000 Bobcat 773, 1300 hours, open cab, tires about 60%... Has one toothed bucket and one "flat edge" bucket which is a little wider than the toothed one. It's well maintained, and I used it last winter to do some snow since he does nothing with it during that time. I never had any problems with it and it always started and ran well.

What would you be willing to pay for the machine? I haven't talked price with the owner yet, but have discussed taking it off his hands in the next few months.

dozerman21
08-28-2007, 06:05 AM
I'm guessing it's worth somewhere around 12K-14K, depending on it's condition. I'd check some similar machines in your area and see what they're going for. Maybe offer him around 10K-11K and go from there.

Stillwater
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
go hear

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/forsale/list.asp?man=BOBCAT&mdl=773

mow king
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
go hear

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/forsale/list.asp?man=BOBCAT&mdl=773

Better bet would be search the auction results on that website. All the regular listings are typical priced quite high $$

Fieldman12
08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I would probably pay as much as $12,000.00 for it if I was looking for one. It has low hours but this is an older machine. From what I understand they are good machines.

markam70
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
a 773 with 1700 hrs was sold in this area about a month ago. not sure what year it was. came with tooth bucket, smooth bucket, and pallet forks. tires probably 50%, a good clean machine...$7,300.
i thought this was a steal. the seller needed out of it or the bank was taking it back.

ksss
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I ran one for my Brother in Law last year putting in a yard. I spent two days on the machine. It was a rental an 01 I think, it was a 773. I thought it was a POS. No power, loud (typical BC hyd. or fan noise), limited lifting ability, too much feed back in the controls. I know BC sold a lot of these machines but honestly I don't know why or why anyone would want one. There are much better machines out there for the same money. This is my opinion which with a dollar might buy you a cup of coffee.

Fieldman12
08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Is this one of the bobcat models that bucked you allot? A buddy of mine said the old ones where bad for it.

accurate machinery
08-29-2007, 10:49 AM
For $12K, make sure it is a G series machine. The G series machines have the rounded ROPS with triangular headlights in the corners. The 773 is a vertical lift machine with a longer wheel base than the 753 so it should remain more stable, like a New Holland or a John Deere. Bobcat has never been my favorite, I buy them because the whole world responds to them, (good for resale value no matter how bad a machine is). If I was going to buy a Bobcat 700 series it would definitely be the 773 over the 763 or 753, Because of the vertical lift and the long wheel base.

fiveoboy01
08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes it is a G series skid.

If I can get this thing for 8 or 9K, do you think I should snap it up?

A precise number hasn't been discussed but this is the feeling I get that he will sell it for.

accurate machinery
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
$8 to $9k is definitely a good value, still in the wholesale range. I would say that if it is a good machine then you should be able to get your money back if you decided to sell it in the not too far off future. Check it out well, I post articles on my website about how I inspect skid steer loaders before I purchase them. I have been inspecting skid steer loaders for dealers and my wholesale business for 10 years, 7 years before that for another business before I started Accurate Machinery. With the 773, I haven't seen too many repeat problems, (like on the 873 with broken loader arms). Some very simple quick checks that will alert you to more issues: look under the machine for oil soaked belly pans or axle seals that leak on to the inside of the rims and tires, the 873's typically have cracks right around the middle of the loader arms around the area of the lift cylinder mount area, I haven't seen it on the 773 series. Usually I see more issues with machines that have had grapples or hammers. Kubota engines are good but prone to cracked cylinder heads and blown head gaskets if they have been overheated. The drives on Bobcats might not exhibit a problem unless you get them hot, I like to work with a big pile of dirt or stone if there is one around, counter rotating is a good draw on the hydrostatics and chain drives. If the hours are correct at 1300 and the usage has been light work then it is probably a good machine and a good buy even at $12K.