PDA

View Full Version : First pictures taken; this of my second job ever!

Bill S
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
What do you guys think?

steveparrott
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Nice, Bill. A few suggestions: I don't think you need those lights mounted under the awnings. The bullets (well lights?) uplighting the house will illuminate the eaves. I also like to see path lights in a staggered pattern on both sides of the path rather than one side only.

Regarding the photos. It's nice to have the homeowner turn on the inside lights.

Chris J
08-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Ditto what Steve said. For only your second job though, not bad at all! Keep up the good work. Looks very nice.

ar-t
08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Grazing can be a bit tricky, when you have one-story eaves. It tends to show up too much.

If you have the space, next time try hitting the peaks with a bullet. Use a diffuser to prevent hot spots.

Good luck on future ventures. I think you'll do fine.

JackTorsed
08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Grazing can be a bit tricky, when you have one-story eaves. It tends to show up too much.

If you have the space, next time try hitting the peaks with a bullet. Use a diffuser to prevent hot spots.

Good luck on future ventures. I think you'll do fine.

I tend to agree about lighting 1 story eaves from the ground especially if they are painted white. They tend to look hot. The undersides of eaves are usually not that attractive anyway.

David Gretzmier
08-29-2007, 12:25 AM
ditto above, great 2nd effort. good pics.

KrayzKajun
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice work!!

NightScenes
08-29-2007, 07:46 AM
It looks like everyone agrees, this is a very nice second effert and the upper bullets might be a little too much.

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see someone trying to be creative.

Pro-Scapes
08-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree with everything but the pathlighting. Yes we stagger when possible but it looks like you have turf on the other side there so in that case you did the right thing if you couldnt install small beds to set the lights in. Since you already got the lights in the eaves see if you can tone em down to 10w or maybe even smaller bulbs

Bill S
08-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the tips guys: I will try the lower watt bulbs on the reverse dormers (at least the smaller ones)... Client did put interior lights on but they were too bright and were making for bad pictures so we had them turn the lights off...

And yes, I would normally stagger the illuminators along the path but I didn't want to put them into the lawn area only to be hit by lawn mowers!

I should have some more pictures of the first job we did ready for posting by middle next week.

Thanks again

irrigation man
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
what did u use for lights

Chris J
08-30-2007, 06:25 PM
what did u use for lights

Lamps and fixtures, of course.

Bill S
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
It was a complete Nightscaping project from the box on out! They were easy to work with and the powercenter is very, very user friendly. I looked at Hadco and wasn't as impressed though some of their fixtures didn't look too shabby!