PDA

View Full Version : Dormer Lighting?? Gutter Mounts??

Go Halogen
08-28-2007, 06:34 PM
What are you gentlemen using for gutter mounts (hardware)?
I have used Unique's UNIBRACKET in the past. Is there anything better out there? I have a job coming up that has 12 dormers involved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy

JoeyD
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
What are you gentlemen using for gutter mounts (hardware)?
I have used Unique's UNIBRACKET in the past. Is there anything better out there? I have a job coming up that has 12 dormers involved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy

Heres a picture to show what you mean, if this helps. I am curious what else is out there as well.

Go Halogen
08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Joey,

That Stellar is mounted with the unibracket?

David Gretzmier
08-29-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm looking for a gutter mount as well.

NightScenes
08-29-2007, 08:41 AM
I use the kichler 15607 mounting bracket and fasten it to the gutter spacer. It works very well. I do see where the unibracket would work well also.

JoeyD
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Joey,

That Stellar is mounted with the unibracket?

Yes it is. It mounts inbetween the fascia and rain guttrer. Your wireing simply lays in the gutter.

Pro-Scapes
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Yes it is. It mounts inbetween the fascia and rain guttrer. Your wireing simply lays in the gutter.

got a good trick for houses without gutters ? Got one now baffeling me! Need to light 3 dormers. They were going to install gutters but now they are not.

JackTorsed
08-29-2007, 09:44 PM
got a good trick for houses without gutters ? Got one now baffeling me! Need to light 3 dormers. They were going to install gutters but now they are not.

For all of you guys who fire light into dormer windows, How do your customers sleep?

Go Halogen
08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
10 watts, MR-11 or MR-8 lamps, frosted lenses and aim high!
I aim for the peaks, then you usually get a nice fad down to the roof top.

Andy

NightScenes
08-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Most dormers around here are strictly decorative, 0thers have very good blinds and drapes or the rooms are spares. I've never had a client who didn't like it.

David Gretzmier
08-30-2007, 01:32 AM
I've lit several dormers from a distance using a narrow mr-16 10 watter. I'm up for trying gutter mounts on my next go-round.

Lite4
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey Joey, why isn't there any mounting hardware options in the Unique catalog?

JoeyD
09-02-2007, 11:49 PM
There is. I am going to gt some good application shots of it. on the first page is a pic of a Stellar mounted to one, you just cant see the mount. It is called the Uni Bracket in the price list.

Lite4
09-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Are you refering to the stratosphere bracket?

Go Halogen
09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Joey,

Can you tell me the list cost for the Unibracket?
I also have a hard time getting these. No one stocks them.

I need 3 for a job this upcoming Friday and so far....nada.

Andy:confused:

JoeyD
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Are you refering to the stratosphere bracket?

Uni Bracket

Strat Bracket is our standoff downlight bracket.

JoeyD
09-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Joey,

Can you tell me the list cost for the Unibracket?
I also have a hard time getting these. No one stocks them.

I need 3 for a job this upcoming Friday and so far....nada.

Andy:confused:

UNIBRACKET Universal Mounting Bracket, (Gutter Bracket) 90 degree wall mount accessory for all fixtures $22.05
UNIBRACKET-10 Universal Mounting Bracket, (Gutter bracket) 90 degree wall mount accessory for all fixtures (Pack of 10) $130.20

List Prices!

Call me on Monday and we will send them to you. Of course we will need a PO from your distributor but I can ship them direct and get them to you by Thursday.

I can email PDF List Price sheets

Pro-Scapes
09-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Joey can you email me thoes list prices too ? my name at my website below. dont wanna type it here so the web bots dont pick it up to spam.

I still need a good way to mount lighting similar to your photo WITHOUT a gutter. Its a copper roof and I dont just wanna screw thru the copper.

Mrsamman
09-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Billy,
On the metal roof they make adhesive for snow gaurds that would work if you had some sort of surface mount. I don't remeber were you are from, but if your roffing supply houses doesn't carry it look on the internet for snow blox, (thats not a typo) and they will ship you tubes of the adhesive. Its really strong.
Scott

JoeyD
09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Joey can you email me thoes list prices too ? my name at my website below. dont wanna type it here so the web bots dont pick it up to spam.

I still need a good way to mount lighting similar to your photo WITHOUT a gutter. Its a copper roof and I dont just wanna screw thru the copper.

Billy, I could not find your email on the web page. if you have mine shoot me one. You can get it on my website under contacts. I will reply witht he price sheet. I will have to do it from the office tommorow. I have been having trouble logging on remotly this weekend.

Lighting_man
09-04-2007, 05:06 AM
It was really good to see that gutter mount floodlight. Here in the UK we struggle to get punters interested in lighting their homes to any decent standard and only really get good results when a customer gives us free reign. So the kit shown in your photograph is something not on offer to the British market. That said we can swap 110v for 220/230 and use your kit where possible. So where can I find this stuff?

NB a picture of some work we've done...

Lighting_man

JoeyD
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
You can see a picture of the bracket here in the Unique sponsor forum

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=200074

pete scalia
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
It was really good to see that gutter mount floodlight. Here in the UK we struggle to get punters interested in lighting their homes to any decent standard and only really get good results when a customer gives us free reign. So the kit shown in your photograph is something not on offer to the British market. That said we can swap 110v for 220/230 and use your kit where possible. So where can I find this stuff?

NB a picture of some work we've done...

Lighting_man

Punters are a tough bunch to sell. Here in the states we have more luck selling place kickers. That is unless they miss a crucial kick on sunday they might find themselves on the unemployment line.

Chris J
09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Speaking of place kickers, anybody see my jags screw up the game by going for it on 4th and 10 from the 20 yard line because the kicker had a "sore leg"?
I'll break his leg! That kick would have tied the game!

JoeyD
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Game Of The Week Bolts And Patriots! Go Bolts!!!

Go Halogen
09-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Joey,

I used the Unibrackets last weekend.........8 dormers done......not easy this time? The Unibrackets were too short. It was a cedar shake roof that over hung into the gutter a bit. Just enough to limit my fixture angle. Can I get them longer (1/2 inch or so)?

Thanks

Andy

JoeyD
09-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Interesting, maybe we need to develop a larger version of the Uni Bracket. I will forward this to my PE William "Rusty" Baptist and have him work on this.

So you know in the Unique Sponsored Forum Rusty is helping by posting line art drawings of products. Togeather we are also posting how to videos for you guys to view. Check it out and feel free to post stuff that will go directly to Rusty, Nate Mullen , and others at Unique for viewing and answering.