PDA

View Full Version : Field Test - New Lawn Solutions Model

LawnSolutionsCP
08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
We are looking for people who would like to field test our latest product offering.

Specs:
* 30" Ride-on Seeder
* 0-4 MPH Hydrostatic Drive
* Productivity: 1+ acre per hour (actual working time).

Field test participants should have:
1. Significant seeding and renovation experience
2. At least 10+ jobs lined up for the field test.
3. Both large and small properties.
4. Able to pickup and return the seeder in a timely fashon.
5. Provide objective feedback on unit.

We are only building 20 units this fall, of which, only 15 will be forsale starting Sep 14th. Units will be first come and sold at $4,500.

Contact me for field test information at:

david.cook@lawnsolutionscp.com

Thanks

David

LawnSolutionsCP
08-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Seeders for the field test are located in Louisville, KY.

LawnSolutionsCP
08-30-2007, 09:31 PM
I used our new 30" model this evening on my own lawn for the first time.

We have been doing reliability testing for the last few months trying to break it, but I haven't personally used it to overseed turf.

It took me 10 minutes to do my 1/3 acre property. Which is actually about 10,000 sqft of actual turf. I couldn't stop smiling. It is so fast, powerful, and easy to maneuver it is unbelievable.

I could go on and on, but without actually running the machine, you just won't believe it.

We will post some videos of it in action shortly.

It has been funny watching the lawn care companies driving by or facility at 10 mph trying to get a glimpse of our new stuff. My guys are always running seeders and other stuff that we are working on around the property. All I can say is, come to the EXPO in October. It will be worth the trip to just demo our new equipment.

David

JB1
08-30-2007, 10:14 PM
lawnsolutions, what street are you on.

LawnSolutionsCP
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
6050 Poplar Level Rd, right next to GE.

freshlycut
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
wow it's been awhile since i've been to louisville. It's where i grew up. Right off Southern Pkwy by Irquoise Park

DuallyVette
09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
How about a photo of the seeder

LawnSolutionsCP
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Normally we don't send out pictures of prototype units especially since it isn't painted, but here it is anyway. This is one of the prototypes that has been on reliability (life endurance) testing.

We should have painted units next week.

This thing is a beast and will definitely put a smile on your face, espcially during seeding season.

David

David W
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Is this mainly for slice seeding or can you use for power raking as well?

LawnSolutionsCP
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Is this mainly for slice seeding or can you use for power raking as well?

It is a beast of a power rake. It will break ground 2" deep in the hardest of clay. Just drop the blades and use the hydro to go back and forth. With the 30" width it levels nicely.

You will get dirty, lots of dust, especially this time of year when power raking rought ground.

David

Runner
09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I would just like to step in here and affirm this. With over 20 years in the business, I have used many different seeders in the past. Most and most recent, was the Lesco Renovator - a decent designed hydro drive machine, that does it's job. Well, now having the Lawn Solutions Revitalizer, I can say first hand that the Lesco seeder can't hold a candle to this machine. The machine is incredible. The power of this thing is incredible, but it is not so much due to the engine. It is due to the unique design of the blades, which have several cutting edges on each one - rather than just the straight edger type blades on the other seeders. This new design makes the blades cut more like saw blades, allowing them to not only slice into the soil and ground easier, but it actually pulverizes the soil if desired. Now,...this is just the working end of the machine, I won't even mention at this time the ease of operation and control. It truly is one of a kind in handling - in a class all of its own .

Happy Frog
09-06-2007, 11:19 PM
This tread is really cracking me up:laugh:
Check this out...
http://cgi.ebay.com/9-HP-Turf-Revitalizer-Power-Seeder-Slit-Overseeder_W0QQitemZ180155149406QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29520QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem:hammer head:

Happy Frog
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, the link has been cut off...:confused:
Go on eBay and look up item #180155149406 :waving:
LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LawnSolutionsCP
09-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Well, the link has been cut off...:confused:
Go on eBay and look up item #180155149406 :waving:
LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We put them on ebay just for advertising. We use every means possible to get people to view our products. Do we expect to sell them on ebay, not really, you can get a better deal from your local dealer.

We get over 100 new visitors a day to our website and we can track everything. Where they come from, what they looked at, how long they were there, where they are located down to the zip code. It is very effective tool when setting up dealers.

Does this make sense.

Happy Frog
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I understand what you are saying.
What is unclear to me is why you offer this item on this site for $4,500 while it is on sale on eBay for $1,000 less.:nono:
If you say now that we can get a better deal from our local dealer then I really am confused about your offer.
Shouldn't we, on this site be offered the lowest price?:hammerhead:
I believe that a good review from one of us would generate some sale volume don't you think?:rolleyes:
How about cutting us a really good price on your first machines for a start?:clapping:

LawnSolutionsCP
09-07-2007, 12:11 AM
They are 2 totally different models....

The one we currently sell to commercial customers is 20" wide and run 3mph w/ 9hp. It retails for $3,499.

The new unit is 30" wide, 4mph, 13.5 HP, etc..... And it will actually seed about 1.1 acres per hour. This model will retail for $4,999 or more depending on the final cost. This model will start production new week.

David

LawnSolutionsCP
09-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Shouldn't we, on this site be offered the lowest price?:hammerhead:
I believe that a good review from one of us would generate some sale volume don't you think?:rolleyes:
How about cutting us a really good price on your first machines for a start?:clapping:

That is what we have been doing....

Happy Frog
09-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks for clarifying, I was looking at the 30.5" width of the eBay offer and thought it was the same model...
Obviously, I was wrong.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try out your newest creation:clapping:

Strongmd
09-09-2007, 06:34 AM
I'd like to see some photos of the bottom & cutting knives

Runner
09-09-2007, 11:52 AM
here is a link to the sites service-parts. It is under the cutter reel category. this is a diagram, but it gives you an idea of just what they look like.

LawnSolutionsCP
09-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see some photos of the bottom & cutting knives

The blades are high carbon spring steel that are annealed and press tempered to be the hardest and most durable blade in the industry. We currently have over 450+ units (4,500+ blades) in the field and ZERO failures. The blades are basically unbreakable and will cut through rocks, concrete and tree roots without damage to the blades.

The baldes are also staggered as shown for smooth cutting through ground even when you hit rocks.

These blades are very efficient when cutting through hard ground. It will cut slit through hard clay with ease.

David W
09-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Looks like a nice machine...I will be trying it out in the weeks to come if we ever get some rain!!! :(

LawnSolutionsCP
09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Here is a picture of a production unit.

Looks a little better with a nice paint job.

David

JB1
09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
The blades are high carbon spring steel that are annealed and press tempered to be the hardest and most durable blade in the industry. We currently have over 450+ units (4,500+ blades) in the field and ZERO failures. The blades are basically unbreakable and will cut through rocks, concrete and tree roots without damage to the blades.

The baldes are also staggered as shown for smooth cutting through ground even when you hit rocks.

These blades are very efficient when cutting through hard ground. It will cut slit through hard clay with ease.

On our yards it would be like going into concrete right now. nice looking machine.

LawnSolutionsCP
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Both of our "Commercial" machines: the 9-hp (20") and the 13.5-hp (30") will cut nice grooves in the ground 1" deep if needed in even the hardest ground.

Actually, the harder and dryer the ground, the better the machine works. Why, because the machine actually shatters and breaks the hard ground making an incredible seed bed for germination.

Stillwater
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
what motor brand and options will be available / how about a bigger gas tank

LawnSolutionsCP
09-23-2007, 12:20 PM
The current engine is a 13.5hp Subaru w/ a 1.85 gal fuel tank which will easily give you 2+ hrs of run time.

DuallyVette
09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
What is the diameter of the blades ? It looks pretty impressive.

mowtime
09-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Is there an option for a cover? It looks like the hopper is wide open.

Runner
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes,...there is an (optional) cover available.

Supper Grassy
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Very cool design.
How long does it take to manufacture one of theses machines?

Runner
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
He told me how many come down the line every day, but I just don't remember. It was a good number, though. He has all his systems in place and most are perfected. There are alot of large rental companies and large lawn services that are going with these units now. The thing to keep an eye out for, is what this company is coming out with soon. There is more machinery in the works, with some awesome innovation and engineering involved. This is certainly going to be one company to keep an eye on. One thing I can say for sure,...(and I have used alot of slitseeders throughout the years) is that if I was to purchase another one tomorrow, I would have no hesitancy in shooting straight for another one of these machines - no questions,.....hands down. It is by FAR, the way to go.

wahlturfcare
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
i've been wanting to try one out, but there isn't a dealer in the iowa are that i can find.

Runner
09-25-2007, 01:13 PM
That is something David is working on. He is currently "campaigning" across the country looking and finding dealers (reputable) who are willing to try and sell his product(s). You may be able to assist him, if you know good dealers in your area who may carry or may be interested in carrying this type of equipment. We, as lco's, have a much better insight to our areas and our markets than he does, so any assistance by us to him I'm sure is appreciated. He can be emailed through his website and is pretty prompt on responding (cool mobile unit):weightlifter: he would better be able to tell you when his next travel out that way would be. I wish you were near me, because I WELCOME anyone who would like to contact me b either phone or in even in person to try it themselves.
He was able to find a dealer around me who looked at it, and they really liked it and had him leave them one. Built well, and best of all,...built right here in the U.S.A.. :usflag: I hope this info helps.:)

turfsurfer
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I have to say that this is definately one of the better purchases I've made in awhile. I was set to buy the Lesco seeder this year until I saw this one. I have heard that it is basically a Lesco seeder that was re-engineered to get around the patents but frankly I don't see that many similarities at all. Not to knock the Lesco seeder but the Lawn Solutions model is just way more user friendly and productive. My Bluebird hasn't left the shop this year and hopefully never will again.
Advantages: Plenty of power with the 9 HP Suburu
Extremely easy to use and control
Nice seed distribution
Did I say EXTREMELY easy to use and control ( I really like
the reverse for doing curb strips.)

Disadvantage: It is so easy to use that you may lose potential customers to the rental market once it becomes widespread.

Nice product. I would have liked to demo the new model but I am just about done as I like to have all my seed in the ground by Sep 30.:usflag:

LawnSolutionsCP
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
i've been wanting to try one out, but there isn't a dealer in the iowa are that i can find.

The dealer for Iowa; Is Tri-State (Toro's Golf Course Eq Distributor)
Check them out at
http://www.tristateco.com/

Tri State has sales people all over the state and will actually bring the unit to you for a demo. Doesn't get any better service than that. Just give them a call.

Tri State is having a Fall Field Day on Oct 8th. We have been invited and will have both the 20" and 30" models there.

FIRESCOOBY
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
The dealer for Iowa; Is Tri-State (Toro's Golf Course Eq Distributor)
Check them out at
http://www.tristateco.com/

Tri State has sales people all over the state and will actually bring the unit to you for a demo. Doesn't get any better service than that. Just give them a call.

Tri State is having a Fall Field Day on Oct 8th. We have been invited and will have both the 20" and 30" models there.

How about Georgia?

br549oicu8
09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Are you going to be in Louisville at the Expo??
Great audience to demo to for sure!

dmc456
09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Are you going to be in Louisville at the Expo??
Great audience to demo to for sure!

Yes, we will be at the expo. Both 7010. We will have all of our seeder models plus 2 new product lines will be shown at the Expo for the first time.