PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 257B

qps
08-30-2007, 10:17 AM
After considering all the pro's and con's I took delivery of my 297C this morning..goodbye 257B...with CAT's service, trade value offered and comfort, I stuck with my CAT dealer, still I think the deere put power to the ground alittle better but when all was said and done, this is what worked for me....and was actully a better deal than offered by the competition....

kreft
08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
congrats QPS!!!!

ksss
08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Good for you. Please keep us updated on how that beast runs.

qps
08-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks Shane. have a safe flight home....

RockSet N' Grade
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
QPS....what undercarriage option did you go for? Is it a 2 speed? Air ride seat? Would love to hear your feed back on visability and other aspects of their redesigned cab.

Tigerotor77W
08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Pictures and stories! :)

Congrats on your purchase. I'm jealous.

dozerman21
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Man, that thing came in quick! Hope you have better luck with this one. Keep us posted...

BTW- Did you happen to make them throw in some Colts tickets or suite passes to sweeten the deal?:cool2: :weightlifter:

qps
08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Man, that thing came in quick! Hope you have better luck with this one. Keep us posted...

BTW- Did you happen to make them throw in some Colts tickets or suite passes to sweeten the deal?:cool2: :weightlifter:

They had it on order for another customer, exactly configured how I wanted except for the electric hookup outside and the H pattern control changer in the cab, they are ordering the switches and parts and installing at no additional charges

did get to go to there suite last year...it was a blast

qps
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
QPS....what undercarriage option did you go for? Is it a 2 speed? Air ride seat? Would love to hear your feed back on visability and other aspects of their redesigned cab.

options on undercarraige??? didn't know there where any....it is two speed with the new amics control system, air seat /ac/heat/quich attached...I ran it for about 3 hrs today...it is a monster, the e/h controls work fantastic compared to bobcats e/h...I still say power to the ground is alittle better on the deere but after considering it, just because you see tracks spinning on the deere your not really going anywhere, but it looks and feels impressive, my feelings is if put side by side production on the two would be almost identical...I will say the cat rides smooth as silk....ask me six months from now on my thoughts.....:laugh: on a side note I only ask for the case pattern changer installed so if KSSS ever visits Indy he could run it:laugh:

ksss
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Well I appreciate the consideration. Lord knows I struggle with the ISO pattern.

Tigerotor77W
08-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Well I appreciate the consideration. Lord knows I struggle with the ISO pattern.

You should have seen me with the Bobcat hand and foot pattern (it's a long story on how I came about a Bobcat...). It was like left side forward, oh wait, right side forward, too; stop loader; curl bucket; lift bucket, stop; dump bucket; curl bucket; lower bucket; back up.

:laugh: It was pretty comical. My "expertise" is still with the ISO pattern, then H-style, then hand/foot.

Construct'O
08-30-2007, 11:58 PM
It's always good when a deal goes through and you fell good how it turned out.Glad for you they was able to beat out the other guys when it came down to the last straw.

Thats why people keep going back to their dealers,makes up for some of the other not so good deals.

They do have a awsome cab from what i got to see.Looks to be as dust proof as any of them out there.Just hope the air works good.They did say that the side windows was removerable if you wanted to.

Is it muddy out that direction to test it?Good luck.

Scag48
08-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Nice! Need pictures though, 297 is definately a step up from the red headed stepchild 257.

Fieldman12
08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
That will be a nice machine Im sure. I really like the Cat skid steers and would own one. Im waiting to see how there new track machine works now since hopefully all the bugs is worked out. I bet they will be a big battle between Deere and Cat when Deere finally releases pilot controls in the near future.

qps
08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Here's a few pic's from this morning...for you guys that have alot of grass to cut there's a pic of the wide area mower...51hp kubota 4wd seven hydro driven motors (no belts)...11.5 ft cutting swath....thanks for all the positive comments and not turning it into CAT against all the others thread, lord knows we've all been a part of those:dizzy: the a/c will freeze your butt off...other than my ear's popping alittle the pressurize cab is a winner....have a good holiday weekend......

Tim

RockSet N' Grade
08-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Tim.......the visability from the cab onto the tracks and sides looks awesome. Cat is raising the bar on that long standing issue for sure. Can you see the back of your bucket or bottom edge from inside the cab through the sides? I like that there are no exposed cylinders.......she looks purdy to me........

P.Services
08-31-2007, 01:05 PM
what size excavator is that? 303?

qps
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
what size excavator is that? 303?

C304CR..............

OntarioExcavators
08-31-2007, 03:57 PM
After considering all the pro's and con's I took delivery of my 297C this morning..goodbye 257B...with CAT's service, trade value offered and comfort, I stuck with my CAT dealer, still I think the deere put power to the ground alittle better but when all was said and done, this is what worked for me....and was actully a better deal than offered by the competition....

This is what it all comes down to in my opinion "DealerSupport"!!!
In my area the Deere boys have it wrapped up when it comes to product support. I've tried Cat twice with very bad experiences both times, not just the endless list of mechanical problems, it was primarily the lack of dealer support that made me move to a different brand.
Congratulations on your new machine.

Fieldman12
08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Most on here I think have a deep respect for Cat. I must say Cat is my first choice for most equipment. Only thing that hurts them for me is a dealer is about an hour away and price is usually higher. As far as skid steers go they are my first choice provided they can match price. At the time they where a little higher than the Deere in the used market. If they have the undercarriage worked out they will be many of them around. Cat , Deere, and Case are my first choices.

qps
08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Most on here I think have a deep respect for Cat. I must say Cat is my first choice for most equipment. Only thing that hurts them for me is a dealer is about an hour away and price is usually higher. As far as skid steers go they are my first choice provided they can match price. At the time they where a little higher than the Deere in the used market. If they have the undercarriage worked out they will be many of them around. Cat , Deere, and Case are my first choices.

I agree 100%...I have a great relationship with my dealer, we buy all of our lawn equipment also from them as they are a kubota and exmark dealer....I can walk it or have anything delivered without signing...just pick up the phone, they know I check there prices from time to time to keep everyone honest but even if there a few bucks higher I'll buy from them, the mutual trust between me and management has taken years to build and neither one of us wants to jeopardize it...the've always came to my rescue when called upon and I'll reward them with my loyality...

Fieldman12
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I cannot wait to go to the Farm Science Review and take a closer look at the inside of these new Cat machines. I have seen a few pics the mirrors on the loader arms. That is not a bad idea but I bet they would get knocked off. I seen a Case a while back with the mirror on the loader arm. I guess someone added it.

PlatinumLandCon
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
dude, you've got an @$$ load of equipment!

congrats!

Mr. Digger
09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Thats one sweet machine:) Have you had a chance to try it in the mud? keep us updated on how that new cat is working out for you :cool2: :waving: :gmctruck:

ps the truck smily has no purpose I just thought it was cool:dancing: