PDA

View Full Version : For the fans of Kawasaki Handhelds

IHusky
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
KBR750a blower, KGT27a trimmer, KEL27a edger, KGT27a with art hedge attch.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/crclawn/front.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/crclawn/side.jpg

LawnNeedz
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
How is the power on the blower? I was considering the 750 but my dealer started carrying redmax so I got the 8001 instead.

IHusky
09-02-2007, 10:01 PM
The KBR750 has lots of power, it blew my Husky 145 doors off. It is pushing 4.6 hp and 800 cfms. It will easily blow leaves and debris out of bushes and beds. It has significantly cut down my blow time on all of my properites. I have been very happy with it so far. I don't think its as ergonomically designed as the Redmax blowers, but the Kaw engines are incredible. The only complaint I have is that the hook at the end of the straps comes off at the bottom every now and then, but I sling the blower off and on. Some jerk stole my old blower so I need an extra/back up, so I am looking to try a Redmax 8001 too because of the great reviews I've read on this site, 25 lbs blowers don't bother me.

southtx
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
its good to see another san antonio boy on here!!!...what dealer do you work with???

IHusky
09-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Lesco-512 for the Kaw handhelds, Mustang Equipment for Scag mowers and John Solora for Snapper 21" and handhelds. I love the husqvanra handhelds but the closest thing to me is Northern tool and they suck. I tried the Husqvana dealer in Boerne, they were good, but its just too far from me. What about you?

southtx
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I use shindaiwa handhelds and and use gravelys and exmark mowers...I try to use the same dealer but due to having two diff mower I am using solora=exmark and menco for the gravelys and the shindaiwas. So I take it your in the 1604 area???

IHusky
09-04-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm near 410 and I-10 on the NW side of town. I bought a Shind 242 from Menco, but returned it because it was underpowered IMO. I would like to try a 260/261 or maybe even 270. What Shindaiwas do you run?

southtx
09-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I live in the same area off of fred road...I run 3 shindaiwa t270 the older ones with the tickler carbs....they are great and alot of power. I ran t231s when I first got in but no balls...for blowers I run redmaxs eb7001s they are great for what I do...I had bought a used ebz8001 but it was just to big and heavy even for me...I just didnt like it so i went with the 7001s. So what areas do you work in??

Capemay Eagle
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I must live under a rock, because I never seen any Kawi power equipment before. Seen engines but not trimmers and blowers?

IHusky
09-05-2007, 02:46 AM
I must live under a rock, because I never seen any Kawi power equipment before. Seen engines but not trimmers and blowers?

Been real happy with them so far. KGT27a trimmers power to weight ration is amazing. 10.2 lbs and 1.5 hp. I am going to pick up one more before the years up.

Thats an impressive equipment list for a homeowner.:)

IHusky
09-05-2007, 02:57 AM
I do my Mother in laws yard off of Fred road. I don't service too far from home because I'm just part time. I go to Solora alot, maybe I'll see you around, I drive a Purple dodge dually and tow a black tandem axle trailer.

How much more wieght was the 8001 over the 7001, i was really wanting to try a 8001 out and did you notice a big power difference between the two? I researched some threads and some said they didn't notice that big of a difference. Others said that the engine needs to break in and then you will see the difference.

southtx
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I think the 7001 is about a pound or 2 less then the 8001 but the 8001 just seems more bulky....I really did not like that due to getting it in and out of the trailer cage was a tight fit. As for the power I felt a diff. between the 2 but I went for what felt right to me and what would work best for my setup. I drive a ford 250 silver/gray and tow a green 5x10 big-tex landscape trailer maybe Ill see you around.

S man
09-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I might the kaw kgt27a next year. Do you think they beat the stihl 80's 85's??

IHusky
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
I can't compare it to Stihl 80/85 because never ran them, but in the power to weight division, I would be willing to put a days wages on the KGT. I did howerver buy a Shind 242 (and returned it in two days). The KGT blew it out the water power wise. KGT head a little harder to get used to loading and using, but once you get used to it, not bad. I have researched almost all the major brand trimmers and have yet to find a trimmer that weighs 10.2 lbs and is packing 1.5 hp. The power to wieght ratio is amazing and the balance is very good too. I still like my Husqvarna 326, but the KGT just packs more power for only .3 lbs more. I would really love to go with a Shindawa for the speed feed head, but I not willing to use a 12.5 lbs trimmer all day to get the 1.5 hp. As far as Stilh goes, i really like there products, but I am going to go with a 2 stroke over a 4 mix. I have there 131 pole saw and is powerful, but the throttle respone on it is not so good and it sometimes looses power when I have it strait up in the air, i'm not sold on 4 mix and I am almost certian, to get up in the 1.5 hp range with Stihl you have to go with the 4 mix engine. From my research you are either going to love the KGT and think its the best or your going to hate it because of the head. Do a search and you'll see some guys are saying its the best they ever used and going so far as to change out the gear heads with redmax gearhead so they can run a redmax head. If I could only have one trimmer on my truck, I would take KGT, can use all day and not get tired and has enought power to tackle those overgrown lawns too. Good luck.

stuffdeer
09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm considoring buying all Kawasaki handhelds next year.

I currently use all Husqvarna. Have you ever used them, if so, Comparison between the two?

Thanks, Mike

IHusky
09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I run Husqvarna 326 too.

Husqvarna 326 just a tad bit lighter (.3 lbs) not that big of a deal.
Kaw KGT27a has more power.
Kaw KGT27a head spins very smooth, smoother that the Husq 326.
Kaw KGT27a head harder to load.

At first I did not like the Kaw heads and almost gave up on the trimmer, however, I kept taking it on the truck. After about 5 months of switching between the two, I have found myself grabbing the KGT first over my Husqarna 326. Not to say that the Husqvana is not a great trimmer, I just think that the Kaw is a little bit more balance, smoother and has noticably more power. My only complaint is the head, but I have gotten used to it and will take the extra time to re-load because this trimmer is just so smooth and powerful. If you get one, don't just use it a week, but give it a month or too, I was so used to the Husqvana heads that I was too quick to make judgment on the KGT becuause of the head. Like I said before, if you could put the larger Shindawa speed feed head on a KGT, then IMO you'd have damn fine product. I almost went to a machine shop to see if they could make an adaptor for me that would fit the Speed feed head. I will still grab my Husqvana for a couple of yards just to keep things intresting, but I love the KGT now that I have gotten used to it.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Kaw handhelds. Good product that has a Kaw engine and the prices are very resonable. Husqvarna make good products, but I think that there blowers are a little underpowered and overweight.

mow & snow
09-15-2007, 07:14 PM
You can't go wrong with Kawasaki!

Mickhippy
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Can you get the Tanaka aluminium heads over there?
Put one on the Kawi and give it a chance. I wont go back to bump heads again.

just Cuts
09-16-2007, 01:55 AM
I just picked up the same edger and trimmer 2 weeks ago to replace my old redmax. they are absolutely the best!!!! Picked them up at Lesco also. Can't beat the price either.

IHusky
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Mickhippy

is this what you are referring to?

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=746280&Category_Code=

Mickhippy
09-16-2007, 07:34 PM
No mate, its the second one down here... (link didnt work)

You put 2m or so of line into the thing, not one short line.

Anyway, this looks like an updated version... http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=746290

Mickhippy
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
double post

Mickhippy
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Im really struggling to get these links to work! Seems to be very few of these advertised on the net or something. Driving me nuts. Try again...
http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=746290&Category_Code=

Go halfway down the page and you can see a small pic of the one I use...
http://www.indmowing.com.au/html/equipprtstr_morespecials.htm

S man
09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
I husky, How do you like your kaw edger? My dealer sells both redmax and kawasaki and he sold me the redmax edger over the kawasaki edger. The redmax he said is better than any other. hmmm.