PDA

View Full Version : Stencils

W.F.D. Plower
09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Is there a place around southwestern Ontario that sells stencils for parking lots???
I hate making my own.

I am also looking for rubber parking blocks, there usually concrete. It for a custom car shop.

shepoutside
09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I get mine from Marathon, as they stock most :)

http://www.marathonequipmentinc.com

W.F.D. Plower
09-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks, that will help me out a lot.

tedford69
09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I have a few questions about line painting and what are the resonable rates to be charging for lines, handicap stencils, etc? I'm in the Brockville area and just getting into this, if anyone has any information they would like to share I would gladly accept it? Thank you

W.F.D. Plower
09-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I've been charging $8-$12 for handicap and arrows depending on size ad if they have a blue background.
As far as the lines go I charge $3.50 a line(for the machine) + specialty item(arrows ect.) + paint + labour and you should see if you can find a place to get rid of your waste paint too, and factor that in. You'll find around here there is a huge mark up, so don't quote too cheap.
You do have to compeate with Pryers, they are in Brockville and do everything from sweeping to line spraying.

shepoutside
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I have a few questions about line painting and what are the resonable rates to be charging for lines, handicap stencils, etc? I'm in the Brockville area and just getting into this, if anyone has any information they would like to share I would gladly accept it? Thank you

Most of mine is by the foot. I charge 4-5 times the paint amount ( $ 14.00 gal, and @ 350-400 ft per Gal, that's .04 - .035 cents a foot, and then times that by 4-5 times, what ever you need, and your area will allow. So 16-20 Cents a foot. Normal line is 18 ft, so 18 x .20 = $ 3.60 per parking line.
Stencils for me are average 20 bucks, and $36.00 for a dual-color Handicap.
Most important, is to figure out your costs, and work off that, to make sure you know your profit.

Send me your contact info, and I'll send you a great site to help you out :)

tedford69
09-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I tried to email you before Shepoutside but your email wouldn't go through for some reason. Thank you W.F.D. and shepoutside I appreciate all your help. Also I ordered from Marathon on a Thursday and the package was on my porch on Friday, wow that was quick. Plus shipping was only $38.00, I couldn't drive up to get it for that much, sweet. Thanks again guys and my email is now posted, I can't the PM to work on this end.

Ryan

shepoutside
09-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok, got your e-mail, will send you some Info :canadaflag: