09-03-2007, 05:49 PM
A few pictures of my shop, truck and the PG's

TurfGuysInc.
09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
those are sick!
how many acers an hour can they do?

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I have a Jacobson greens mower I picked up last fall that was my winter project of building a riding aerator! but had some family health problems that took up most of my winter. but I got it out yesterday and got it running good and I'm going to pick up a lesco pull behind aerator and see about getting it welded up to mount on the front! I will get some pictures of it when I get it done! "hopefully this week!"

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
those are sick!
how many acers an hour can they do?

The PG's? they can each do an acre in about 10 min! I love em!

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Nice set up

can you get a picture of the back of the truck?

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Here's a picture from the back, the carrier is the older type Permagreen use to make. A actually got if free when I bought a couple Pg's off a guy! then I sold the 2 PG's after a little work. I made over 3k and still had the carrier (I almost felt guilty!)

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
that is a good way to move the spreader

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Here's my riding aerator project. I got it at aucton last fall for $112. and sold the mower heads for $150. !! The aerator I want to get from lesco is around $1500. So I wont have much in it when I'm done!

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
that is a good way to move the spreader

Its great! takes about 15 seconds to unload and I don't have to pull a trailer around all day!

indyturf
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
My nurse tank set-up. its a 65 gal tank and the pump is a live well pump I got at Wal-Mart for about $15. and I'm on my second season with it. fills the PG tank in less than a minute!

indyturf
09-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Fred the Wonder Dog!

Runner
09-03-2007, 08:19 PM
COOL setup! I love the graphics. Hey, is that truck a 1/2 ton? Can you hold a whole pallet of fert. on it? Do you have beefed up springs or Timbrens on it? The reason I ask, is that I am considering another truck as a dedicated spray rig, and just going with a 2 wheel drive. Most that I've seen are 3/4 tons, though.
Also, the idea of the live well pump is excellent. Do you do your actual PG mix in the tank, or just carry water?

deere615
09-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Thats a real nice setup, Very nice shop! that ac has to be nice at the end of a hot day! The rak you use to carrier the spreader, did you buy or make it, I really like the ramps! I have one but need to put some ramps on it or something.

indyturf
09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
COOL setup! I love the graphics. Hey, is that truck a 1/2 ton? Can you hold a whole pallet of fert. on it? Do you have beefed up springs or Timbrens on it? The reason I ask, is that I am considering another truck as a dedicated spray rig, and just going with a 2 wheel drive. Most that I've seen are 3/4 tons, though.
Also, the idea of the live well pump is excellent. Do you do your actual PG mix in the tank, or just carry water?

Its actually a 2500 3/4 ton! I havn't put any extra springs or anything on it and it does a good job! I usually only put 15-20 bags of fert on the truck at a time unless I'm doing several large lawns. The live well pumps is probably one of my better ideas over the years! and I just mix as I go!

indyturf
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Thats a real nice setup, Very nice shop! that ac has to be nice at the end of a hot day! The rak you use to carrier the spreader, did you buy or make it, I really like the ramps! I have one but need to put some ramps on it or something.

The AC is in my wife's office, she doesn't let me in there too often! The carrier was built by Permagreen. I have another one that I built and its built better but its heavier to raise and lower the ramp so I use this one. I'm getting ready to set up another truck for my Son who has been working a few days a week the last 2 years! Right now I have him in a Dodge Dakota and a Lesco Spreader w/ battery powered PG sprayer and I let him do the smaller lawns!

J&R Landscaping
09-03-2007, 11:43 PM
The graphics on that truck are awsome!

indyturf
09-03-2007, 11:54 PM
The graphics on that truck are awsome!

Thanks! I do get many compliments on it.

STRINGALATION
09-04-2007, 12:38 AM
i do like the graphics but what got my attention is you look to have found a nice niche market. it looks focused and streamlined

indyturf
09-04-2007, 10:13 AM
i do like the graphics but what got my attention is you look to have found a nice niche market. it looks focused and streamlined

I stay focused your right! I refer work to local guys that do the things I don't do, it works out pretty good that way!

deere615
09-04-2007, 08:44 PM
The AC is in my wife's office, she doesn't let me in there too often! The carrier was built by Permagreen. I have another one that I built and its built better but its heavier to raise and lower the ramp so I use this one. I'm getting ready to set up another truck for my Son who has been working a few days a week the last 2 years! Right now I have him in a Dodge Dakota and a Lesco Spreader w/ battery powered PG sprayer and I let him do the smaller lawns!

thats cool thanks:waving:

DoetschOutdoor
09-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Very nice setup man!! I really like the colors of that shop. How many accounts do you service?

indyturf
09-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Very nice setup man!! I really like the colors of that shop. How many accounts do you service?

Thanks! When I was building the shop, the builder kept trying to talk me out of those colors. he didn't think they would look good together! now he sends people by to check it out!
I have just under 500 accounts!

Royalslover
09-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Here's my riding aerator project. I got it at aucton last fall for $112. and sold the mower heads for $150. !! The aerator I want to get from lesco is around $1500. So I wont have much in it when I'm done!

What are you going to do? Pull a areator with this tractor, or mount it on it?:confused:

indyturf
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
What are you going to do? Pull a areator with this tractor, or mount it on it?:confused:

I mounted it on the front! worked ok, not as good as I hoped it would. I aerated about 25 lawns over the last 2 days with it! but it wouldn't start today, I think its something simple like a ignition switch or solenoid but I don't want to spend much time or $ to fix it. think I'm going to buy a Zspray and just pull the aerator!

Royalslover
09-11-2007, 11:18 PM
You couldn't post a picture could you? I bought an old Toro reel mower and I was thinking about doing something like that. What about it didn't work?

indyturf
09-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I had a neighbor helping me ( he had the welder) and he thought it needed a cross support under the lifting arms! when we tried it a piece snapped on the right arm! so there went my hydro lift which was why wanted to try this.
I wanted to weld 2 of the "ears" that bolt onto a 3 point hitch where they would fit the old mower mount! would have been much easier and I think it would have worked. it still worked pretty good though, I just couldn't turn! and had to lift manually. so I went back and forth across the lawns. it still was pretty fast!
it just took up too much space, and didn't look as professional as I would like since it was a old jacobsen mower. and its a good excuse to buy somthing new!

indyturf
09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Just listed my PG's for sale on lawnsite! they are in great shape and have been well maintained, both have about 475 hrs. they are the 2 PG's in the pictures.

Supper Grassy
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Did i miss something?
why are you selling the pg's?

indyturf
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I love my PG's and have a Centri Im going to keep! but I just finished a very large aeration job and like the idea of pulling and aerator with my spreader! but I would have somthing larger like a Zspray.

South Florida Lawns
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
wow you got some great equipment. I have seen those perma green units work in person and the cover acres fast

indyturf
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks! The PG's are great and save me time & $$