PDA

View Full Version : M5 X-Jet

Squirter
09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Being just a dumb homeowner, I am very unfamiliar with Pressure Washers. However, I bought a new PW w/ 13 hp Honda and Cat pump (4,000psi./4 gpm.). I have used it a couple of times so far to PW a pressure treated wood deck and to clean viny siding on home. Also, I had some experience using it to clean the concrete drive but was unhappy with the results as I apparently wasn't using the proper chemical and therefore, it didn't brighten to my satisfaction. My questions are...

1. What is a M5 X-Jet and what does it do that my 24 ft. extension wand won't accomplish?

2. Any good home recipe's for chemical to clean/bleach/whiten concrete driveway?

I'm sure my PW has plenty of power but I'm clearly not using the right chemicals....even the house wash sucked. Nothing seems to clean the black streaks on the aluminun gutters. Any ideas???

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
09-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Sounds like you have a nice set up. Those GPM's are going to give you some good rinsing! The X-Jet allows you to "shoot" chemicals to high levels (in ft). Check out the post "wand extension" and look at the u tube videos. You'll see that you don't need an X-Jet! The only chemicals I use are: A heavy duty degreaser purchased from a local pressure washing store and Home Depot bleach. I hit the surface with this using about a 5-10 min dwell time and a good rinse. The surface is spot free and very bright! All my driveways are done with a surface cleaner, same solution however I shift my pressure washer to hot. Outstanding results. Hope this helps.. Jay