PDA

View Full Version : papers and more papers

stslawncare
09-14-2001, 06:07 PM
hey guys. as i am progressing in starting my own business and progressing on getting jobs and wanting to prepare for more this question has been irking me. Want forms do u guys use. for those of u who dont have a software what do you use? what do your invoices look like? what do your receipts look like? what do your personal management papers look like? what kind of lists do you have? what kind of checklists do you have?

Fine Lines Lawn
09-14-2001, 06:16 PM
Scottie,
My best suggestion to you would be to get some good bookkeeping software. There are lots of good ones even a couple that are sponsors here on LS. I prefer QB Pro, but whatever you think fits your needs best. Best to have everything lined up in your software before you get too big and busy.

stslawncare
09-14-2001, 10:02 PM
i was thinking for beginning stages use what i can with microsoft works between excel, word, and so on i thought i could manage?

BRL
09-14-2001, 11:19 PM
I use a combination of QB Pro, Excel, Word & Clip. So it sounds like you are on the right track. I will second Fine Lines advice in getting one of the accounting type software products. They have many features that will help your business. The other good thing about them is we are not accountants (most of us ;) ), so they have lots of good features that assist from that angle. Plus many accountants can edit your software easily when needed to help with tax time etc.

stslawncare
09-15-2001, 09:03 AM
what type of stuff do u use excel etc for?

cp
09-16-2001, 12:51 AM
A good friend suggested that I start off with QB PRO. He said that it was better to start when your small than try to catch up 6 months down the road. I'm glad I did. It does it all for you, estimate, invoices, tracking. Cost is about 250.00 so you have to decide if that will fly but it is well worth it.