PDA

View Full Version : ferris 36" hydro cut

snowjeep
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Is $2500 a good price for this mower? It was a dealer display. No bagger or mulching plate. Its $400 to ship unless I drive 900 miles. What do you think? I would be replacing a troy built wide cut, if it matters.

All_Toro_4ME
09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
what year and how many hrs? blades new? or at least sharpened? how worn are the tires? when was last tune-up (oil change, fuel filter etc) do you have pics from the seller that you can post?

snowjeep
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Its a brand new 07 with no hours. Its just a floor demo.

Tim Wright
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
That is the price, demo or not. I have one. Its a good mower but is hard to get use to if you have never had a WB before. The Forward and Reverse control will give you a blister on the thumb if you use it for small areas all day long.

Tim

cgaengineer
09-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Just curious...where is the dealer that has it and what is the name, because at 900 miles that puts you near GA and there is a dealer near me who has one and I demoed it and I hated it...the thumb controls suck...I would run from that baby...get the same mower in a Snapper instead if you like the Ferris.

mattfromNY
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
900 miles to GA? Cool, lets go! (Just picking, cgaengineer)
snowjeep,
I've got one. I paid $2600 for mine last year (New). If you are planning to use it on flat ground, great. NOT on hills. the deck is light, it will float in the front, it will NOT sidehill (up hill wheel will just spin). It does NOT turn, it is a single hydro, so you turn it. Not a big deal, unless you use it all day, then it wears on you. You need to constantly lube the thumb controls or they stick (It sucks when the mower wants to keep backing up and you are pinched against a fence). Overall, I like mine for what we've used it for the last two years, but since I got a DD52", the 36 hasn't seen a blade of grass in 3 weeks.
Oh, yeah, the blade plates (timing plates) on the bottom of the spindles both broke on mine, and I've got a bagger, when the bag is even remotely full of clippings, it is so heavy on the right side the mower starts scalping on the right and it is WAY heavy steering or trying to keep it straight.
Just my opinion on a mower I've put lots of hours on, hope it helps.
Matt.

snowjeep
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I should just get the samuri but I will see if I have a local snapper dealer.

cgaengineer
09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I think the Better Outdoor mower would be better then the Ferris HydroCut...I think its lighter, though the height adjustment on the Ferris has them all beat!

The thumb controls are the worst design ever in my opinion.

GPDesign1
09-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Snowjeep:

At our current promotional pricing, you can get a brand-new 16HP Kawasaki KAI electric start Quick 36 Samurai for $2395. And delivery to a nearby freight terminal is included for FREE... :cool2:

gp

DoetschOutdoor
09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I like my 36 ferris now that I have another mower and dont really have to use it, if that makes sense...I really wish that I would have done more research before buying my first mower and found somthing like a used hydro 36. Turning that thing on small yards alot really wears me out. I do like the easy height adjustment and the mower cuts and stripes well but it is a pain to get used to.

joshco84
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
you would really like the snapper but you are going to be looking at 4500 to 5000 for a new one. they sure do cut nice though. i have been thinking that when i get my ztr, i am going to sell my 36 snapper pro and get a quick 36 to replace the snapper. all i would use it for is a gate mower if i have a 48 or smaller ztr. dont know yet though.