PDA

View Full Version : new holland lx 565

hollywood
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1995 new holland lx 565 skid loader. I was wondering if anyone who owns one could give me their opinion of them. I have never owned a NH before.

Thanks

accurate machinery
09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Hollywood, New Hollands are great skid steer loaders, the LX565 is very similar to the LX665, less the turbo. Vertical lift and long wheel base makes for a steady riding machine with good reach on the loader. 1995 is a very early model, watch out for broken and welded loader arms (especially near the rear grill area), missing wear strips on the sides of the rops. Parking brakes are usually nonexistent but possibly adjustment is all it needs.
The engine is small and is revved up to a very high RPM to get the horsepower to do the work the machine is designed for. Watch out for blue smoke in the exhaust, check for lots of blow by at the valve cover oil filler cap. Common to see lots of oil consumption on the older LX 565 and 665 series. I have a whole section posted on my website about how I check skid steer loaders, including just a section on diesel engines. Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

hollywood
09-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Accurate,

Thank you kindly for the info. That was exactly what I was looking for. I am going to demo the machine sunday morning and negotiate the price if I like what I see.

Your website is an excellent resource. I will let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Stefan

accurate machinery
09-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks! Good luck, let me know how you make out and feel free to ask if any other questions pop up.

hollywood
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Accurate,
Just got back from testing the machine. I was impressed. I did have a few questions for you. I will send you an email. Thanks again for the information. I felt truly prepared and will be better able to negotiate a fair price.

Stefan