PDA

View Full Version : September 11

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey guys I know its early but just a reminder. This Tuesday is a day we should all take a minute of our busy lives and remember the many unsung heroes that gave their lives to save those they swore to protect. :usflag:
God bless them and their families, and those that are fighting over on the other side of the world. God bless them and thanks.:usflag: UUURAHH

dave k
09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree, and well said.
Semper Fi.
Dave

newdude
09-09-2007, 10:47 PM
if only we could get it off for school :) :) my thoughts will be with them :usflag:

corey4671
09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
if only we could get it off for school :) :)
man that should be the LAST thing on your mind. I still remember exactly where I was, the exact SPOT I was standing in and what I was doing when the folks on the radio said that a plane had hit the first tower and that it looked like a freak accident. I remember then feeling sick to my stomach all day the rest of the day and just emotionally drained the rest of the week. it is too bad that we here in the country have so soon forgotten the magnitude of this ATTACK ON OUR HOME SOIL!!! NOt six years after the fact we are back to partisan politics and pointing fingers. yes I am for an immediate withdrawal of all US Personel from the Middle East...right before we drop the biggest nuke the world has ever known right in the middle of them!! God bless America and our troops and here's to hoping this country can get its head screwed on straight and get back to the nation of morals that it once was!!:usflag:

goodgreen
09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I will never, ever forget that day. I was out driving around doing sales work. When I heard the news on the radio, I pulled into a mall and watched the whole thing on a big screen TV at Sears. Those images will stay in my mind and heart forever.

GLLawns
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I was driving for FedEx at the time and had just walked into a customers business right after the first plane hit. Could not take my eyes off the tv they had on in the office. I remember getting emergency dispatches over our radios and computers in our trucks telling us to stop delivering and return to stations immediately. Probably the only time in companies history to be completely shut down due to security and emotional concerns. Drivers and management were almost all in tears and know one had any idea what to do. We were shut down for the rest of the week due to flight shutdowns and security concerns.

capelawncare.com
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I was playing golf, I just made the turn after 9, pulled into the clubhouse for soda, and saw everyone huddled around the tv.

All i saw on tv was the WTC on fire. The guys in the clubhouse said a plane hit WTC, so I finished the back 9.

Little did I know, the world had changed that day.

Supper Grassy
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I will never forget all the helpless lives lost on that day. My heart goes out to all who are serving our country.

God Bless America

lawnmowertech37
09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
man that should be the LAST thing on your mind. I still remember exactly where I was, the exact SPOT I was standing in and what I was doing when the folks on the radio said that a plane had hit the first tower and that it looked like a freak accident. I remember then feeling sick to my stomach all day the rest of the day and just emotionally drained the rest of the week. it is too bad that we here in the country have so soon forgotten the magnitude of this ATTACK ON OUR HOME SOIL!!! Not six years after the fact we are back to partisan politics and pointing fingers. yes I am for an immediate withdrawal of all US Personnel from the Middle East...right before we drop the biggest nuke the world has ever known right in the middle of them!! God bless America and our troops and here's to hoping this country can get its head screwed on straight and get back to the nation of morals that it once was!!:us-flag:

Well said the problem with America is congress politics etc. they want to take prayer and God completely out of public places etc. well congress is not God i hope congress somehow sees this post too cause i am sick of how this country is right now and i know some if not all the members in this post is agree with me on it but to do these things is time for a change a real change to take place i know i was watching TV on that day back in 2001 right before the ems pager went off we had a ems call that day but we need to reflect on that day i also am in the emergency services so it hit home that day for me

jpp
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
On Tuesday please do the following. If you don't do this already Please fly your flag in memory of all the lives that were lost on that horrible day. I plan on putting one on my lawncare truck or trailer as I work that day. I also plan on running with the headlights on all day as well.

Also we must remember all of our troops in harms way too.

JP

This is from a post in our Networking thread. I did this today. Got few waves from people passing by. But as I was looking at houses while going in between lawns, I was just shocked at how many people actually DO NOT have any flags up. Not just today but all the time as well.

I was just getting ready to leave to get the equipment and something said to turn on the tv. Needless to say I did not cut that day at all. The next day the flag was on the truck for the next 3 years.

JP

corey4671
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Well said the problem with America is congress politics etc. they want to take prayer and God completely out of public places etc.

WRONG!! the PROBLEM is US!! You andme and every one else who says "it's a Congress problem", or "that's just the way it is" or "there's nothing Ican do about it". HELLO!! You useless excuse for human being that [I]call[I] yourselves AMERICANS!! This is OUR COUNTRY!! The people in Washington, in our state capitols, in our local courthouses and city halls...they are elected and WORK FOR US!!! If you have some halfass running a trimmer and he cuts down everything except what he supposed to cut down, what do you do? Yo tell him to hit the road!!! WHY in the name of God do we not hold our elected officials, who we work our butts off to pay thier salaries, why do we not hold them to the same accountablilty?!?!?!? I believe it is time for another "boston tea Party" cause I for one am fed up with this entitlement, tolerance BS and I want my freakin COUNTRY BACK!!!!:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
09-14-2007, 05:51 AM
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A This is our country if you don't belong here get out!!

easycareacres
09-14-2007, 05:52 AM
just piss bush off rid him fast.

corey4671
09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
just piss bush off rid him fast.

and WHO exactly would have handled the terrorist attacks better? Al Gore? John Kerry? PUHLEASE!! We'd all be observing Rahmadad right now or have our heads cut off.

Needadayoff
09-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Corey I agree with you 100%. The US is in sad shape, we didn't keep our "eye on the ball" so to speak. We have let a bunch of self absorbed maggots take control in Washington.
I think our biggest issue is that instead of maintaining a united front as a country, Dems and Reps have chosen to air each others dirty laundry at the expense of their people.

corey4671
09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
the career politicians are simply a symptom of the real problem which is the American people who are so involved with OJ and Brittany and Paris and Lindsay. The radio station that i listen to sent a reporter out on the street with a photo of Barak Obama and less than 30% of the people knew who he was. SAD! I'm all for Fred Thompson, but I want people to elect his for his stance on the issues, not because they remember him from movies and TV. I PLEAD with you my fellow Americans, get involved! Studyt to show yourself approved of the issues and the stance that all the candidates take on them. The 08 election will be one of if not the most important election in our nations history. I will go so far as to say that if Hilary, Barak or John E get elected, those of us who KNOW what Amercia is about miht as wel pack up and go start another nation because the free one we all remember will be gone and a new communist nation will begin to take shape. Stop worrying about who's on Oprah or who got voted off the island and start concerning yourself with something that is REALLY important!! In the words of Earl Pitts,, WAKE UP AMERICUH!!

Brianslawn
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
and WHO exactly would have handled the terrorist attacks better? Al Gore? John Kerry? PUHLEASE!! We'd all be observing Rahmadad right now or have our heads cut off.

i will admitt. you are right. bush did an incredible job handling the attacks by just continuing on with that lil kids book he was learning how to read.

lawnman_scott
09-23-2007, 01:54 AM
i will admitt. you are right. bush did an incredible job handling the attacks by just continuing on with that lil kids book he was learning how to read.Exactly. He should have jumped up, yelled "oh fudge, we are all going to die", then run out of the building.

What an old, tired, and moronic argument. He finished a small kids book and left early. What would have been done at that time anyway.

Needadayoff
09-23-2007, 05:53 AM
i will admitt. you are right. bush did an incredible job handling the attacks by just continuing on with that lil kids book he was learning how to read.

Hopefully, the children he was reading to will learn to capitalize and punctuate better than you.

That flag in your sig line is remarkably similar to the French flag.....

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
09-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Our so called presdient bush is just like his daddy when the problem came to american soil we should of went over there just like we did took care of the problem and got the hell out. Terroist attacks will aways be here we just have to do a better job having someone looking out for us. Why send all our brothers and sister's over there getting killed for what it's the same thing day in day out roadside bombs are killing our people and it's never going to changed.

corey4671
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM

and of course if Kerry or Gore had been in charge, they would have welcomed Bin Laden to the White House and given them free health care and probably set him up with his virgins. All you armchair presidents out there, what would YOU have done? I partially agree with one post here that we should have gotten in, done the job in Afghanistan and Iraq and got out...how so...bomb them and been done with it.:usflag:

WALKER LANDSCAPE
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree with corey too drop the bomb turn it into a giant sheet of glass.
End of story. :usflag:

Brianslawn
09-24-2007, 02:15 AM
haha! you people take me too seriously, sometimes. it is nice to know everyone here still hates me. i hate the dems as much as the repubs. my vote for next pres goes out to lawnman scott. no joke man. hes cool.

lawnman_scott
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
haha! you people take me too seriously, sometimes. it is nice to know everyone here still hates me. i hate the dems as much as the repubs. my vote for next pres goes out to lawnman scott. no joke man. hes cool.Nice to see someone here has a brain Brian. Mine goes to a 3rd party with the hope that enough votes will someday help us to have 3 legitamate parties. I voted for a 3rd party candidate for govornor, and for all challengers and no incumbents for city/county elections the past election.

Brianslawn
09-24-2007, 09:35 PM
i agree. or at least so we have 2 parties. repubs and dems are more or less same party anymore. last couple times i voted for prez i voted 3rd party. how bout jon stewart/stephen colbert on a ticket? or lawnman scott/brianslawn for prez/vp? or at least a blonde bimbo would be better than what we been getting. we might as well elect haliburton for prez and enron for vp. oh wait.... we already did.

what ever happened to the whig (sp?) party?

americanlawn
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
My lawn company was the first in this State to dispay the AMERICAN FLAG. We displayed it on our trucks, our shirts, our caps, on flag poles in front of our home and our office, and our letterhead since 1990. Our company name "AMERICAN" was chosen because of all my friends and family who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Since 1990, "every service company in the book" has jumped on board.

We were the first, and we're proud.

corey4671
09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
My lawn company was the first in this State to dispay the AMERICAN FLAG. We displayed it on our trucks, our shirts, our caps, on flag poles in front of our home and our office, and our letterhead since 1990. Our company name "AMERICAN" was chosen because of all my friends and family who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

We were the first, and we're proud.
that's awesome. Good to know there are still some true blueblooded AMERICANS out there. I salute you!! :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

lawnman_scott
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM

We were the first, and we're proud.That is nice, but it kind of sickens me to see the people that jumped on the american flag bandwagon after 9-11. Too many people took that tragedy and turned it into $$$$$$.

corey4671
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
That is nice, but it kind of sickens me to see the people that jumped on the american flag bandwagon after 9-11. Too many people took that tragedy and turned it into $$$$$$.
yes it is sad some people used it to make a profit off of it, but it was also a wake up call that re-energized patriotism in Americans. there was a guy around here that flew the biggest American flag I've ever seen on a vehicle off the back of his trruck for months. I know him personally and know he was swelling with pride, not trying to make a buck off of it

Clear-Cut
10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
man that should be the LAST thing on your mind. I still remember exactly where I was, the exact SPOT I was standing in and what I was doing when the folks on the radio said that a plane had hit the first tower and that it looked like a freak accident. I remember then feeling sick to my stomach all day the rest of the day and just emotionally drained the rest of the week. it is too bad that we here in the country have so soon forgotten the magnitude of this ATTACK ON OUR HOME SOIL!!! NOt six years after the fact we are back to partisan politics and pointing fingers. yes I am for an immediate withdrawal of all US Personel from the Middle East...right before we drop the biggest nuke the world has ever known right in the middle of them!! God bless America and our troops and here's to hoping this country can get its head screwed on straight and get back to the nation of morals that it once was!!:usflag:

i was actually in my sophomore year of h.s. in my ancient history class when it happened...

what we need in this country is for an average joe to be president...not a person who doesnt have to worry about anything for the rest of his life because he is so freakin rich...when we have an average joe as president, a lot of problems will be solved

verant
10-05-2007, 03:07 AM
i was in 7th grade english class, 3rd period, 4th row, 2nd chair on the right. mrs. Thelen, the health teacher came in and told us.

Brianslawn
10-08-2007, 02:38 AM
i was actually in my sophomore year of h.s. in my ancient history class when it happened...

what we need in this country is for an average joe to be president...not a person who doesnt have to worry about anything for the rest of his life because he is so freakin rich...when we have an average joe as president, a lot of problems will be solved

the things money and power does to average joes, though. is prez still paid $200k/year or have they uped it. some may say thats cheap for the responsibility. they got better health and retirement package than all yous guys do. maybe we should cut the pay to the same pay and same benifits of all the single mothers i know. (not my fault theyre mothers or single). would anybody run then? maybe lawnman scott would because he cares about you and me and all of the lawnboys of america. in 2008 everyone write in lawnman scott on the ballot for president. united, we can make a difference.

LAWNMAN SCOTT FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

if you dont vote for lawnman scott then you are :canadaflag:

corey4671
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
i agree. or at least so we have 2 parties. repubs and dems are more or less same party anymore. last couple times i voted for prez i voted 3rd party. how bout jon stewart/stephen colbert on a ticket? or lawnman scott/brianslawn for prez/vp? or at least a blonde bimbo would be better than what we been getting. we might as well elect haliburton for prez and enron for vp. oh wait.... we already did.

what ever happened to the whig (sp?) party?

the only thing that a 3rd party would do in 08 is give the left wing liberal dems a free ride into the white house. The 3rd party would do nothing but split the conservative vote. Think about it, instead of needing 51 percent, the dems would need only 34 percent. That is a huge difference. Anybody remember a feller named Ross Perot? Yeah, thank him for eight years of Clinton. If you think this country is going to $hit right now, let Hellary(no I didn't misspell it) or Barak Osama (yes I know his real name is Obama) get elected. Call in the dogs and put out the fire boys...it'll all be over.

Brianslawn
10-11-2007, 11:35 PM
the only thing that a 3rd party would do in 08 is give the left wing liberal dems a free ride into the white house. The 3rd party would do nothing but split the conservative vote. Think about it, instead of needing 51 percent, the dems would need only 34 percent. That is a huge difference. Anybody remember a feller named Ross Perot? Yeah, thank him for eight years of Clinton. If you think this country is going to $hit right now, let Hellary(no I didn't misspell it) or Barak Osama (yes I know his real name is Obama) get elected. Call in the dogs and put out the fire boys...it'll all be over.

so.... i need to thank ross perot for 72 cents a gallon gas? do you know his phone #?

sorry to break your heart further.... but do you really think the repubs after all their screw ups over the past 8 years actually stand a chance in hell at getting another chance? most republican voters are voting for the dems, now.

teamgreendude
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
i remember that day one year later my dad was recruted to iraq for one year i had my flags on my truck that day

executive property maintenance
08-29-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks for bringing this back to life. ill be flying my flags this year as well.:usflag::usflag: semper fi

KCfireman
08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
R.I.P FDNY Squad 18. 3 of you went in and 3 of you never made it out.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

JB1
08-29-2008, 04:55 PM
typical thread on here, divert it to bash the president and argue instead of the intended thread topic.

newdude
08-29-2008, 09:05 PM
if only we could get it off for school :) :) my thoughts will be with them :usflag:

Yes I quoted my self. I was not thinkinng when I said that. My flags shall be flying 100% this year.:usflag::usflag:

mngrassguy
08-30-2008, 01:44 AM
I tried to spray lawns that afternoon. I remember how quiet the skies were that day. I did one and went home.

joe the lawn guy
08-30-2008, 02:01 AM
wouldn't it be nice if as a memorial we didn't fly planes every year on 9-11 .

mngrassguy
08-30-2008, 02:55 AM
wouldn't it be nice if as a memorial we didn't fly planes every year on 9-11 .

As long as it doesn't disrupt or change or lives like the terrorist are trying to do.

joe the lawn guy
08-30-2008, 03:21 AM
As long as it doesn't disrupt or change or lives like the terrorist are trying to do.

they already did . do you understand how Meany children now only have one parent not trying to be rude but its a sore topic