PDA

View Full Version : name and logo design

stevenf
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I am designing my logo and trying to spice up my name to a more professional sound, more professional appearence, and pretty much describing what I do all in one. I dont design landscapes, instead, I maintain them. I want people to realize that by looking at the name.
I want to eventually get into commercial accounts such as trimming,pulling, cutting, adding mulch when needed, The basic management.
Now, How does Landscaping management sound? I was thinking the name of my business in big bold font and then landscaping management in a small cursive font below it. So, What is yoru input on Landscaping management?

stevenf
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Anyone have an opinion on it? The reason Im asking yall is because I had someone tell me that the word management doesnt fit in there but I dont see why not.....

Sweet Tater
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Use maintenence instead imo

SkyLawncare
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I think maintenance would be a more appropriate term.

You know, you could offer to do design as well and just sub-contract that part out, people do it all the time.

I would think that companies that do design & maintenance would get the maintenance account after the design, so by not offering design you may be limiting your client exposure and therefore income.

stevenf
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I really dont have the *nitch* for designing landscapes. I plan to target apartments, and small business first but mainly residential. I would like to bill monthly for maintaining there landscape(doing all of the trimming/cutting/adding mulch, Whatever is needed to maintain it.

Runner
09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Landscape Management is an excellent term to use, and is used and accepted throughout the professional industry. There is even a publication out of this title. As far as the maintenance of the landscapes and not even doing the other services, you probably don't even know what you are in for. I can tell you that you are entering a cutting edge market of a virtually untapped market. There is NO money to be made like there is in this type of service (if done right). You can make more money doing this than you can doing anything else. We are breaking into this, and making stupid money at it. I am considering focusing much more on this, as I make MUCH more doing this than I do doing lawn care (not maintenance, but lawn CARE - the fertilization and weed, insect, and disease control). The idea is to stay one step ahead of everyone. 25 years ago, it was mowing services. Then, as the market was saturated, it was ruined. Then, came fertilization and weed control. The same thing is beginning to happen with it. I am dealing with morons that are charging way less than market value - just to try to gain clients. Well, it is time to move on. Now, it is a jump into a market that no one else even offers. I laugh at all the guys I see running around with trailer loads of mowers. I am going in and making what they are in a couple of minutes, and it is costing me pennies. No blades, no belts, no gas, no oil, no wear and tear on a 10,000 dollar mower, and no trailer to pull. Yes,...there IS a market for this, and it sells. It is taking off so fast, that it kind of scares me. This weekend, I grossed one of my largest weekends ever, and other than transport costs I didn't spend a dime for gas.

stevenf
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I know there is money doing it, Thats exactly why I want to do it.
I have about 7 accounts(agreements) that pay me weekly and I spray for weeds, pull weeds, trim bushes, mow grass, and so on.
I think it is a necessity for landlords and business owners to have an ALL services in one package rather then hiring different companys.
Not only are the Maintaining contracts good for money, They are also good year round just to clean out, clean up, blow off, and lots more.