PDA

View Full Version : what motivates you

pete scalia
09-10-2007, 12:00 AM
what get's you out of bed in the morning and the juices flowing? Is it the money? The love of the work? other?
Anybody making good money doing this as a stand alone business? If so who?

Chris J
09-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I made all of my money in the stock market during the dot com era. I'm actually very rich, and have nothing to do with my time. I find this is a good way to get some excercise, as well as a good tan, and I give all of the profits to charity. :cool:

NightScenes
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Chris, you crack me up man. See you next week.

I do pretty good as a stand alone lighting company.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Owning, managing, and successfully running my own company is pretty much what gets me up and out the door every day. I get the most enjoyment out of imparting my design and aesthetic onto different people's property and watching their faces light up when they see the results. The everyday challenges of installing the systems is what keeps me engaged in the work. No two systems are the same, and each brings with it a series of new challenges and opportunities to learn.

I do pretty well as a stand alone lighting company :)

David Gretzmier
09-11-2007, 12:54 AM
I am not a stand alone landscape lighter, my money comes from the Christmas light side of lighting. I do well on that side and am building this side. I truly enjoy the work for the most part. the look on customers faces when a job is complete is what does it for me.

some days its hard to get out of bed, and to get started I have to know in the back of my mind that there are three groups of people counting on me - my employees at the shop, the customers I serve, but most importantly my wife and 3 kids, with one more kid on the way. All those folks gotta be taken care of, each day.

Eden Lights
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I just want to play with the stuff that I can't afford at my own home

Pro-Scapes
09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Love eddies response.

For me its the joy of winning. Doctors told me I would never walk again normally so day in and day out I prove em wrong by completing work that not many other people can do.

We make good money but thats a secondary issue. The thrill of a job well completed and have people amazed with the finished project is the motivator for us. When we finish a lighting project and the nieghbors slow down to rubberneck is just a great feeling.

God has certainly blessed me with the strenght and courage I need to push on

Bill S
09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm with Eden all the way! I like a tree,I buy it, then find a client that wants it planted. I really love lights, so I found a few clients that would let me light their homes! So on and so forth!!!!

I also like the flexibility in the winter so I can officiate basketball!

Those are about the only things that motivate me at this time

extlights
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
For me it's the finished product. There is nothing better than driving down the road at night and seeing a beautiful home lit up and knowing it was because of your hard work and dedication that made it look the way it does.

Everything else about being in business is great, but nothing makes me more happy or inspires me more than happy customers calling up to tell us how great their home looks and how many compliments they get on it.