PDA

View Full Version : Renovatation Process w/ Verticutter

Popper357
09-11-2007, 02:48 AM
I've got customers who want to slit seed and aerate, but my v cutter doesn't sow the seed so I'm wondering how to be sow seed with my v cutter. Should I Aerate, then seed, then v cut, then fertilize, in that order, or do I seed after v cut? Help me out I've heard all different ways and I always figured you v cut after the seed is down. Peace

Stillwater
09-11-2007, 06:13 AM
1) a renovator has a compartment to hold seed with a dispenser adjustment. fast blades slice the turf while the seed dispenser drops seed into the slice while a little whisk brush covers the seed. with this method its easy to form ridge rows of grass unless you go over the lawn many many times.

2) a verity cutter is for cutting through very dense thatch and stolons for a correction of a severe thatch issue. basically not an ideal choice for over seeding.

3) core aerating physically removes a 2.5 to 3.5 inch plug and dispenses them on top of the lawn this method is absolutely by far the most effective method of over seeding you will have fantastic results.

1)Mow the lawn very short
2)water the lawn deeply
3)core aerate the hell out of the turf several times in different directions.
4)spread the seed
5)apply starter fert
6)keep the lawn damp moist or otherwise wet.