PDA

View Full Version : What to do about irrigation heads when aerating?

LTDLawnCare
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
This may sound stupid to most of you but I was wondering if the irrigation heads were damaged at all during aerating.Also if there was a shallow pipe in the yard if that would be punctured or if there were ways around it. Thank you in advance for any responses. -Ryan

mdlwn1
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Dude...c'mon.....flag them 1st

LB1234
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Turn the zones on "test" and run for 2-3 minutes. Walk outside and mark with flags, paint, etc. We just use our pesticide markers. Its really very simple.

Indatreez
09-11-2007, 05:31 PM
my local homedepot sells flags..so walk and find n flag or turn each zone on and flag!

J&R Landscaping
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Turn the zones on "test" and run for 2-3 minutes. Walk outside and mark with flags, paint, etc. We just use our pesticide markers. Its really very simple.

Ditto! Can't get much easier then that. I do the same thing.

Daner
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I use my old welding rods with orange tape tyed to the tops

DiyDave
09-12-2007, 08:49 PM
To mark his own sprinkler system, and sign off on a form that says you, the landscaper won't be held liable for missed heads. Reason that I do this is that way the homeowner is involved in the job, and I am indemnified against loss. The reason I implemented this policy is that I hit a pipe on one job that was "buried" less than 1 inch deep! Luckily the installer stood by his work and repaired it. Now if we could only get the cable companies to bury their lines to code!

lawnspecialties
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
To mark his own sprinkler system, and sign off on a form that says you, the landscaper won't be held liable for missed heads. Reason that I do this is that way the homeowner is involved in the job, and I am indemnified against loss. The reason I implemented this policy is that I hit a pipe on one job that was "buried" less than 1 inch deep! Luckily the installer stood by his work and repaired it. Now if we could only get the cable companies to bury their lines to code!

AMEN Dave.

Try your best to get the homeowner to do it. It takes too much time to do this for each home.

And it ain't the cable companies, it's the independent contractors! Fortunately, the cable companies know how slack they can be so they rarely say anything.

parkwest
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah and add your company is not responsible for improperly installed cables and irrigation systems