PDA

View Full Version : Dont Ever Forget..........9-11-01

JoeyD
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Not that any of us ever will forget, for me it is burned into my memory hearing my close friend/roomate wake me up to tell me that we the USA is under attack.

On my way to work this morning the local radio show I listen to was playing sound clips from different news outlets from that morning. It was quite erie becuase just hearing those clips took me right back to that morning. I was lucky to not lose anyone I knew in the collapse of the towers, I am sure some of you who will read this did. I dont now why I wanted to write this, I know it has nothing to do with lighting or buisness but i guess in some strange way it does, it has something to do with everything we do. Even those who may be competition in buisness and in life become brothers and sisters when it comes to 9-11.

Maybe I am wasting time, lord knows I put hours in after work to make up for this but I felt like posting soemthing that is bigger to me than work which is the way of life we all get to enjoy. So I read in another thread what gets you up every morning and keeps you motivated.....Life in the good ol' USA is what keeps me motivated!!!

Anyone else have a 9-11 story? I think this is great way for some of us to memoralize those who lost their lives in the attack and still today as we fight the terrorists who despise our freedoms!

Joey D.:usflag:

Pro-Scapes
09-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I rememeber I was at MSY (new orleans airport) about to board a flight to Florida. Being deaf I was confused as to why everyone suddenly started getting out of line. Everyone piled around a tv in the terminal to watch CNN and the unfolding tales of all the planes going down and the collapsing.

My heart sank and I stood there in awe that something like this was happening. It was just like a bad dream. All flights cancelled and we had to wait 4 hours to get our luggage back.

Never forget where you were or how you felt. Your grandkids will ask you someday.. you can tell them but they will never fully understand much like I could never understand fully what it was like for my grandpa to be dumped on a beach on D day even tho I recall him telling the story as a kid.

JoeyD
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
9-11 is our generations D-Day or Pearl Harbor. We got a taste of what our grandparents and parents lived through. I only pray that my kids dont have to witness anything as traumatic.

steveparrott
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I was driving to work (not CAST, my previous job) just a few miles over the hudson in NJ. When I got to work, everyone was gathered around a computer in shock. Our main division office was two blocks from the WTC and we couldn't reach them by phone. They turned out to be OK, but five days later our division folded and we were all out on the street.

Also, an old friend was on the flight that went down in PA. It was a hard time for all, nearly everyone in the NY metro region was touched, losing family, friends or neighbors.

One good thing was that the people of NY city changed on that day. The city is a little friendlier now, people look out for each other more, are more willing to help in both big and small ways.

Chris J
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I was also preparing to get on a flight to go to a lighting seminar in Cleveland. I was pulling into the airport when the first tower was struck, and my wife called to tell me there had been an "plane accident". By the time I got into the airport, the second tower had been hit and my wife called again; this time in a panic because she realized what was going on and thought that I was on a plane by now.
That was a very scary day for a lot of people, but I can only imagine how bad it was for those who were directly involved in it. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by that tragic day.

ChampionLS
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Manhattan is 40 Miles from me. On that day, I knew something was up, because of the fighter jets roaring overhead and my cell wouldn't work. Later that day, I could see the dusty haze up into the atmosphere.

Lite4
09-12-2007, 12:27 AM
I was outside of a customers house building a waterfall when he came out to tell me about the first plane. I went into his house for about 5 minutes to watch then went outside to continue working. He came back out shortly in a rush and shouted to me about the second plane striking the other tower. My heart sank into my stomach as I knew many people who just a few minutes before were just going about doing their everday tasks like I was, were suddenly thrust out into eternity. I sat in front of his television transfixed upon the images in disbelief at what I was seeing. It was very surreal for me because it was so far away. After about an hour I became very angry and wanted revenge for those who could never fight back against this terrible slaughter of innocent life. To this day if you ask me; I say we definitely have the technology to drill for oil through glass.

Chris J
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I say we drill for the oil through Bin Ladin's head first. We'll call it "Brain grease"!

David Gretzmier
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM
I remember working that morning, hearing about the first plane hitting the tower, and going to a house to see the tv. the 2nd tower I saw hit live on tv. I was stunned and could not look away from the tv for the next two hours. saw the towers fall. What a horrible moment in history. I still feel so much grief for all the firefighters, police and victims who died that day.

I am also still angry at Bush for Using that day to get the country to go to war in IRAQ. The Number of US soldiers that have died there now is approaching how many died on 9/11. and for what and why? 4000 dead soldiers and 150 billion dollars later, and what do you have? It is my utmost hope that history will show IRAQ to be either the greatest waste of lives and dollars ever or the greatest sacrifice to achieve a goal ever. If there is a middle ground on this then we are doomed to repeat this.

Chris J
09-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Let's not make this a political debate. We can remember the date and for what happend upon it, but I for one will be the first to disagree with you about fighting back. Being a military veteran, I have no patience with the conservative group. We did what had to be done, so let's just leave it at that for now. We can discuss this further at a later date.

David Gretzmier
09-12-2007, 01:03 AM
fighting back was fine with afganistan. Osama ordered the attact and we went after him. fine with that. Iraq had nothing to do with it. we knew that.

Chris J
09-12-2007, 01:12 AM
And how, exactly, do you know all of this to be true Mr. Assistant President? CNN or MSNBC?
Point is, your voice is in your vote. Once the vote is tallied, you must back your Chief in Command.

David Gretzmier
09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Chris - I get it you're military. I also agree this forum is not the place to discuss this. Do me a favor and read at least 10 random articles written by folks who actually did research and interviewed people who advised the President before he made the decision to attack IRAQ. who saw the same intel he did. Congressmen, senators, senior advisiors.

If then, you think we should support the decision he made, then so be it. I have not come to that conclusion based on the facts, my reading, and even my love for this great country. There are right and wrong decisions. one can still be patriotic and hold our leader responsible for his actions. I will happily discuss this with you in another venue once you have done some research. I will also be open to any reading you might reccomend. if you are not open to reading research...well then, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Chris J
09-12-2007, 01:50 AM
We will have to agree to disagree as the man who makes the decisions will still be in command until the next election. Sorry, but I have no control over that.

David Gretzmier
09-12-2007, 01:52 AM
cool- going to bed- replied to your ? on the led thread. gnite- dave g

Chris J
09-12-2007, 02:03 AM
sweet dreams little buddy. our men are going to make it safe for you so you can sleep tight. nighty night......:sleeping: