PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine in little sun and where to get small quantities?

Florida Green
09-12-2007, 12:01 AM
I need to sod a spot that's about 6-8 squares but receives only a little sun (a few streams that seep through the oak branches). What is the best St. Augie strain for part sun? I've been told Bitter Blue and Palmetto. The LS before me patched it with what was supposed to be floratam (which made no sense to me) but was not, and whatever it is it isn't making it, it's thinning out by the day in the center of an otherwise healthy St. Augustine lawn. It was put down in May. The spot was not properly prepped, however.

Anyway, what strains of St. Augie have you guys had luck with in little sun areas and where in Orlando area can one purchase just a few squares of different strains and really get the strain they say you are getting? I know much of the Floratam sold around here isn't true Floratam, but not sure how to tell on any other varieties?

RAlmaroad
09-12-2007, 07:19 AM
I've had a lot of success with "Bitter Blue"...had a little unknow effect on a pallette back about two months ago, but it all cleared up. There're some other guys here from Florida that may give you some options also.
Roy