PDA

View Full Version : What Lime can do

inline lawn care
09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
How can lime benefit bermuda turf? When is the best time to apply and how much? Thanks!!!!

cgaengineer
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
In GA it is typical to lime bermuda, as far as time I think anytime during the growing season and I wouldnt consider the growing season as being now since we have been lacking rain here.

topsites
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
The late fall application consists of either Dolomitic lime for Bermuda, Zoysia, and Saint Augustine lawns or gypsum for Centipede lawns. Dolomitic lime benefits Bermuda, Zoysia, and Saint Augustine lawns by reducing acidity and supplying the needed amounts of calcium and magnesium to these warm season grasses. Since Centipede grass prefers more acidic conditions, gypsum is used to supply the critical elements of calcium and sulfur without reducing the acidity of the soil.

Other notes: Yes I copy-and-pasted this, but I do agree with it, just tired of typing it all out every time :)

KTO Enterprises
09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
my girlfriend likes to put a lime in her corona.
Beer is nasty

Runner
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I love when an answer like this is thrown in to help things out.:) It certainly breaks up the monotony of things, anyway. It makes the reading worthwhile.:drinkup:

KTO Enterprises
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM

When she is having a few coronas, the hormones go into overdrive.

Therefore lime makes for a better night for me.

Americal Vet
09-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Beer is nasty

Not to hijack this thread or anything because it is such a legitimate question which has been answered eloquently.

Now having said that, you should get your girl friend to try the new Miller Chill. Not too shabby (though I am an unfiltered wheat draft fan).:drinkup: